PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tactics Getting Multiplayer

wraggster
March 15th, 2007, 06:30
via ign (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/772/772852p1.html)

Square Enix confirmed to IGN today that the upcoming PSP remake, Final Fantasy Tactics: The Lion War, will feature multiplayer battles. The two-player skirmishes will paint one team red and the other blue so you don't mistakenly attack your own Monk, and will have a set number of turns so as to prevent one player from simply avoiding the other forever.

Set to release in Japan next month, Square Enix unfortunately could not confirm a North American release at this time. The PSP is region free, though, so there's nothing stopping Tactics fans from importing the game and challenging a friend to a battle in Ivalice…except maybe all that darned Japanese text.

But that's what FAQs are for, right?

Veskgar
March 15th, 2007, 07:16
Multiplayer would be incredible. Too bad it will likely lack any sort of infrastructure modes.

I don't see how or why Square-Enix could NOT release this in North America. That would not be good for the PSP.

Chameleon
March 15th, 2007, 09:46
Multi-player would definitely change the whole prospects of the game. But not in North Am.
(Its a darn shame)

Buddy4point0
March 15th, 2007, 16:21
yea multiplayer would be sick

Joe100517
March 15th, 2007, 16:34
oooh that's really cool! That seems like the kind of feature that will make this worth getting instead of just playing the original on Popstation!

Cloud_35
March 15th, 2007, 21:10
Pfffft. I thought it was gonna be "The Zodiac Brave Story" again. Whatever.

The King
March 16th, 2007, 03:08
lol
this would make the game worth getting but its a real shame that it wont come out in North american real shame i say

but i would still play it just to get good at it a RIP my friends in another game

shinysuitman
March 17th, 2007, 17:03
This is one of those games that im really looking forward to but im not getting my hopes up for. My reason? suikoden I+II. i know its a diff company, but still, there is evidence to show against it.

Joe100517
March 17th, 2007, 23:27
I'm assuming Square will release this overseas... I don't know why they wouldn't? They're already releasing FF7:Crisis Core and they're releasing a new FFTactics for DS.

animekid4
March 18th, 2007, 13:35
Why dont they ever have online mode?I think online with fft would be kinda cool.Like you could have one character and then you could join a clan and have clan wars and other stuff.

JKKDARK
March 18th, 2007, 13:40
Multiplayer would be incredible. Too bad it will likely lack any sort of infrastructure modes.

I don't see how or why Square-Enix could NOT release this in North America. That would not be good for the PSP.

They will releaseit, don't worry. And at least they said about north america, I wonder if they know about europe