PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about the PSP

jupchinbom
March 15th, 2007, 07:00
Hi, I am buying a PSP soon
But I have some questions.

1: What is the difference between the Value Pack and Basic Pack of PSP?
2:Is FF9 currently playable with the emulator on the PSP WITHOUT any problems?
3:Can some people recommend me a list of games that are good?
4: Can someone tell me all the problems related to PSP?

ORGAN
April 12th, 2007, 07:33
#1 all you get with the Basic is the psp thats it.....

#2 I hate FF games so i have no idea

#3 No sorry thats on you if your a gamer you know what you like in a game

#4 Yea you will get addicted to it

PrettyStupidPerson
April 12th, 2007, 18:56
1: i got the value pack. it came with the psp(of course) a soft pouch case to hold it, headphones with attatchable controller, a wrist strap(dont know why), a demo disc, a battery, a charger, 32mb memory card and instructions 2: sorry dude not a big fan of ff so i dont know 3: it all depends on wat genre u like. 4: some games; load times, others it is just too hard but knowing how much u spent u dont want 2 break it

PrettyStupidPerson
April 12th, 2007, 19:09
oh i almost forgot... i got the value pack in december of '05. i dont know if they changed any thing. if u can afford it, get the value pack, if not then get the basic. u can buy other stuff thats in the value pack(except the demo disc) but youll end up spending more than the value pack itself

hodgy47
April 12th, 2007, 22:10
1. The only difference between value and basic( basic has no mem card or soft pouch)

2. Dont like ff so ?

3. Depends what you like tell me your likes i will tell you some good games.

4. Problems- Divorce, Lack of sleep, Addiction, Unemployment(to much time in the loo playing games), Sores on your ass.

PrettyStupidPerson
April 13th, 2007, 08:37
definatly sores on ur ass and maybe some on ur thumbs and eyes... loss of 40 lbs+ the list goes on

sourced
April 13th, 2007, 08:54
1. Basic Pack = psp ONLY
VALUE PACK(way better)= psp, charger, psp pouch, psp strap, psp demo disc, and other things which i dont remember. oh and btw, if you are planning to use homebrew or put stuff on your psp, get your own usb cable, the psp doesnt come with one.

2. It lags, badly

3. well, i dont know what youre into but heres a lost of my personal favourites.

chili con carnage (this game is KICK ASS)

grand theft auto(Liberty city and vice city)

Ace Combat

Free running (although i was expecting more)

Puzzle bobbe (lol)

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

Tekken: Dark Ressurection( HELL YES)

Burnout Dominator or Burnout legends

300 March to glory

Naruto

NBA Street Showdown

Metal Slug Anthology (awesome)

Killzone Liberation (one of my top favs)

Virtua tennis

4. well, it all depends, sometimes people encounter problems with the psp not being reigon free and all that stuff. and some people have problems with homebrew(resulting in bricks) i recomend that you do all your research on the psp before even considering doing anything to it.

if you find this helpful +rep me please

Axelius
April 13th, 2007, 09:05
Yeah, the psp is great, but this is not what I want to tell you:
What I want to tell you: DON'T UPGRADE TO ANY OFFICIAL FIRMWARE HIGHER THAN 3.03 or you won't be able to use homebrew!!

sourced
April 13th, 2007, 10:04
What I want to tell you: DON'T UPGRADE TO ANY OFFICIAL FIRMWARE HIGHER THAN 3.03 or you won't be able to use homebrew!!

i agree

PrettyStupidPerson
April 13th, 2007, 17:34
the value pack comes with a usb cable

PrettyStupidPerson
April 13th, 2007, 23:22
definately tekken. im not a big fan but it has amazing graphics and near instantanious load times, gta lcs/ vcs is good, burnout,and socom

sourced
April 14th, 2007, 04:38
the value pack comes with a usb cable

really? mine didnt come with one :confused: i got scammed. lol

The King
April 14th, 2007, 05:31
how come no one says that syphon is a good game for psp wen it is

sourced
April 14th, 2007, 07:25
how come no one says that syphon is a good game for psp wen it is

yes, syphon filter is good. especially the infrastructure play(although alot of people have been f*cking it up lately)

PrettyStupidPerson
April 15th, 2007, 04:08
really? that suks.wen did u get ur psp. me at end of 05. it shouldve came wit one. i guesed they changed it

mrgibblet
April 15th, 2007, 18:46

yes, dont upgrade, if you upgrade to 3.30 you will be officially screwed until prolly march of 2008

PrettyStupidPerson
April 17th, 2007, 04:00
thats a long time...r u sure