PDA

View Full Version : about to downgrade a 3.03 psp, any suggestions?

xg917
March 15th, 2007, 20:19
ok. i am about to downgrade my friend's psp
i have..:
-GTA LCS (unpatched)
-3.03 PSP
-1.50 eboot renamed to UPDATE.PBP

i need..:
-downgrader
-HEN for 3.03
-a guide, maybe someone can tell me where to put the things at

ive downgraded so many psps from 2.71 to 1.50 but i dont know how to downgrade a 3.03..

i remember downloading the downgrader and hen but they came with the same things and i also saw a lot of stuff. like kernal dumper and ipl dumper and network configuration backup. do i really need all of this stuff? or do i just need the UPDATE folder with all the contents? i am a little confused

Shrygue
March 15th, 2007, 20:39
You can obtain the downgrader from here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51035). Installation and downgrading instructions are described in the readme.

As for the Network Configuration Backup program, that is for use to backup your network settings on your PSP so you can restore them later when you upgrade to custom firmware 3.xx OE. The kernel dumper and IPL dumpers are not necessary for use with the downgrade process.

xg917
March 15th, 2007, 21:00
ok, now i kno exactly how to downgrade. the netconfigs seems pointless for me. is it for lazy people? because after downgrading then i can just enter my internet settings normally. am i correct?

Chameleon
March 15th, 2007, 21:14
yes, dont worry about backing up

xg917
March 15th, 2007, 22:24
k. wen i get the psp ill be set to downgrade. i got everything i need. thnx guys