PDA

View Full Version : AntiUpdate v1 released!

EvilSeph
March 15th, 2007, 21:34
AntiUpdate - v1.0
by Team tOc

AntiUpdate gets rid of the update icon available in the game menu when an UMD is inserted.
It patches the PSP RAM, so there's no flashing needed - ever.
The idea for AntiUpdate came from this tutorial by team FWi:
UMD games and homebrew work just fine, like nothing ever happened to your PSP.

The plugin has been tested and confirmed to work on 3.03OE-C, 3.10OE-A and A' and 2.71SE-C.
It shouldn't be dependent on firmware version at all as it searches the memory for the specific bytes
instead of relying in pure memory addresses.

Also See:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SonNMdGOEg4

I have also attached it to this post.

Screenshots:
http://kapsi.fi/~matiaz/psp/au_screen.jpg

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Shrygue
March 15th, 2007, 21:38
I like the sound of this plugin, at least it would mae it a bit faster to access the memory stick menu when a UMD is loaded in the drive.

jak66
March 15th, 2007, 21:40
good work, i already have the other solution done though (its similar to what fwi did, but not exactly the same)

im sure people will be happy with this, even though the updates wouldnt work even if you could see them

factor remix
March 15th, 2007, 21:43
so this means that you get out of the umd update? this is useless... I mean its good if you could play monster hunter portable 2 in 3.03 oe-c, but this only take off the umd update...

xg917
March 15th, 2007, 21:45
time to test this out. any bug problems?

Moca
March 15th, 2007, 21:47
Heres a bug

Everytime i enable this prx, my update icon on the UMD dissapears :\ wth

Gj team tOc anyway :D

I like your releases :D

mikebeaver
March 15th, 2007, 21:50
so this means that you get out of the umd update? this is useless... I mean its good if you could play monster hunter portable 2 in 3.03 oe-c, but this only take off the umd update...
No, it means that the update icon isnt there, thus stopping stupid people from updating your PSP if there is a new update available on a UMD, it's far from useless, unless you would like to have Sony firmware.

IM back!
March 15th, 2007, 22:05
very good, it cuts the clutter :D

Fr0sTy
March 15th, 2007, 22:11
Sweet plugin! been waiting for this for a while! when i attempted to do it myself... i stopped soon after lol.

james2150
March 15th, 2007, 22:19
this is awesome thx! Can you get rid of certificate utility also? If so then make both of them together into one prx

SnoopKatt
March 15th, 2007, 22:26
I couldn't get it to show up in the plug-in list in 3.10 OE-A'

xg917
March 15th, 2007, 22:29
plugins suck for 3.10.. so i downgraded to 3.03. now my plugins work

DarthPaul
March 15th, 2007, 22:45
Hehe this is a bit funny...

jamotto
March 15th, 2007, 23:05
Nice plugin, working fine on my 3.10 OE.

maxi_jac
March 15th, 2007, 23:08
Didn't Dark_Alex disable the official updates since 2.71 SE-A ?

++ B.

Gold Line
March 15th, 2007, 23:11
this is cool no more dum sony update on my xmb now haha!

TheMarioKarters
March 15th, 2007, 23:12
Didn't Dark_Alex disable the official updates since 2.71 SE-A ?

++ B.
He disabled them from functioning..but they still show up.

Buddy4point0
March 15th, 2007, 23:25
this is helpful

SnoopKatt
March 15th, 2007, 23:50
Nevermind, for some reason my card reader wasn't copying the correct files. Now it's working great.

pt9087
March 16th, 2007, 00:15
This will be for dohnuts that have fat fingers and press x by accident.. Good job tho :thumbup:

aries2k4
March 16th, 2007, 00:34
Well even if they press the update by accident it won´t work because DA disabled it from working. But it does remove the icon if you want to keep the XMB a little neater

Infernes
March 16th, 2007, 00:36
Looks good

Buddy4point0
March 16th, 2007, 00:56
lol nice first post inferns

MicroNut
March 16th, 2007, 01:12
I am using 3.10OE-A2

Where is the "vsh.txt" file that I am supposed to add the ms path located?

Copying the prx to the seplugins folder alone wont work.

Edit:
I have tried creating my own vsh.txt file in the seplugins folder with the ms path added to it.
This makes the plug-in show up in the recovery menu.
However, it has no effect on the update icon.
Using GTA UMD to test.

Buddy4point0
March 16th, 2007, 01:58
did you say to enable the plugin? other than that i donno cause i havnt tried this

MicroNut
March 16th, 2007, 02:13
Yes.

I think I found the problem to be an incompatibility with popsloader.

I have been going through one by one enabling and disabling plug-ins.

Edit:
Sorry there is no problem with popsloader.
I did not know that after enabling a plug-in and exiting the recovery menu
that the PSP must be rebooted one more time for any of the plug-ins to work.

neutrOpik
March 16th, 2007, 02:28
Good plugin EvilSeph! Tank you very much.

keep up!

Buddy4point0
March 16th, 2007, 02:33
oh yea that it might be. alot of plugins unfortunently dont work with each other

EvilSeph
March 16th, 2007, 03:35
Good plugin EvilSeph! Tank you very much.

keep up!

Thanks, but please thank Team tOc. All our releases are a team effort. :)

califrag
March 16th, 2007, 03:49
My personal thanks to all of team tOc for this - i've been wanting to disable those stupid updates for a long time - dumb how sony can't even do half the stuff you hacker geniuses can do. anyways - i installed mine directly to the flash0 so i didn't have to put a copy of it on every memory stick. the file is so small (1.9k) so it fits with no problem. just add the prx to pspbtcnf.txt and copy the prx to the kd and kn folders and voila - instant gratification ;D Anyways thanks again!

Buddy4point0
March 16th, 2007, 06:06
wait. can u use any plugin strait off flash 0 like that? its sooo much easyer

titch.ryan
March 16th, 2007, 07:45
great release. this definitely starts to clear the clutter.

califrag
March 16th, 2007, 10:06
wait. can u use any plugin strait off flash 0 like that? its sooo much easyer

pretty much - just make sure to watch your file sizes and not fill your flash0 up or you might have problems. adding the prx to the seplugins folder and adding the path to the vsh.txt or game.txt is essentially dax's "redirect" hack for OE firmwares to load plugins from the memory stick so size is no matter. but for small plugins like this i have no problem sticking on my flash0 ;) right now i got antiupdate and brightness prx on my flash0 it's maybe like 10kb.. i had vshanalog but that crashes non 310 OE psps ;'[ but as soon as he fixes it you bet im gonna put it on my psp lol

also for anyone wondering what to do with some of their icons they don't use, here are some suggestions:

1) Replace update_plugin.prx with vsh reboot plugin, edit topmenu_rco and change "network update" to "Reboot"
2) Replace license_plugin.prx with prx launcher plugin, edit topmenu_rco and change "certificate utility" to "Launch Homebrew 1"
3) Replace savedata_utility.prx (if you don't use it) with prx launcher plugin, edit topmenu_rco and change "Save Data Utility" to "Launch Homebrew 2"
4) Hex edit htmlviewer_plugin.prx and change online instruction manual website to favorite homepage i.e. www.msn.com and edit topmenu_rco change "Online Instruction Manual" to "MSN.com"
5) Replace lftv_plugin.prx with prx launcher plugin, edit topmenu_rco and change "Location Free Player" to "Launch Homebrew 3"
6) Replace premo_plugin.prx with prx launcher plugin, edit topmenu_rco and change "Remote Play" to "Launch Homebrew 4"

Optionally you can substitute "Launch Homebrew #" with the actual name of the program you will be running..

it is a little tricky stuff to get it all set up correctly but if you're not familiar with any of the above then you shouldn't be messing with flash0 anyways. ;)

anyways i tried to make a video capture of my xmb but its 6 megs so no uploading it anytime soon. good luck and happy modding!

<3<3(+.[ ']::)

Apoklepz
March 16th, 2007, 15:14
Ok...so it makes UMD updates dissapear..Nifty, if I must say so...But will it also enable bypassing higher UMD updates so future releases can be playable?...Like say, the upcoming CastleVania DraculaX Remix and others that'll probably require something higher than 3.10?

I guess not, but I just though I'd ask for the benefit of others.

Thanks for the release!

Yungblaqs
March 16th, 2007, 15:49
I like this prx good work..

Roache
March 16th, 2007, 16:07
this makes pictures load faster ... way faster
before you could look at 3 pictures at a time before it would load again now im up to 9 pictures after enabling this

what would be great great plugin for you to invent is one that would let you load top menu plugins to 3.10oe

roper7
March 16th, 2007, 16:16
Am I missing something as on my memory card I do not see a folder for seplugins.

I'm running 3.03 dark alex and have my memory card formatted for that use.

any ideas you good people!

Apoklepz
March 16th, 2007, 16:29
That's cause you have to create the seplugins folder on the root of your memory stick...Then put the contents in it. ;)

Gold Line
March 16th, 2007, 16:32
Am I missing something as on my memory card I do not see a folder for seplugins.

I'm running 3.03 dark alex and have my memory card formatted for that use.

any ideas you good people!

rember to make a VSH.txt file :rolleyes:

roper7
March 16th, 2007, 16:34
cheers for that.

where do I put the vsh.txt file on the memory card (god, I sound like a noob or knows nothing!)

Gold Line
March 16th, 2007, 16:37
no you have to make the file your self use notepad or something like that then put the file in the seplugins folder

haaroon
March 16th, 2007, 18:24
dis is da bomb now i can play any game on any firmware version
QUOTE"AWASUM"

Gold Line
March 16th, 2007, 20:38
dis is da bomb now i can play any game on any firmware version
QUOTE"AWASUM"

thats not how it works it just hides the update so it will still need what ever fw it needed in the first place so its not realy da bomb ;)

FaIIen
March 17th, 2007, 09:05
nothing happens , i place the antiupdate.prx to seplugins, i restart but the update icon is still there. I did edit VSH.txt. My firmware is 3.10OE-A. :(

paladinja
March 17th, 2007, 18:02
Thank you guys for scratching this itch we've all suffered for too long!!! Very smart, really, my psp felt like a suit without cufflinks 'til now.

One question; I still have a "Network Update" icon showing on the top of my "Settings" menu (basically, the top left of the XMB). Is this plugin supposed to get rid of that one as well? (yes, the UMD one is gone, so I THINK I did this right)

NOTE: I'm not complaining! It's not like that one gets in the way much, (tho it would be cool to have "USB connection" be in the no-brainer top left position). More than anything I'm just checking if this is normal. If it matters; I was FW1.5 with devhook until going straight to 3.03OE-C. (praise be to DAX)

Thanks again for this great plugin!

Anti-QJ
March 17th, 2007, 21:39
Nice!
Hopefully you can get DAX to include this in an OE firmware?

blaz3d
April 7th, 2007, 01:04
Here is a call for any developers willing to take part (indirectly) into OE firmware development.

If you are willing to help OE development, you may code a specific OE plugin, if the plugin is useful and coded properly (and of course bug free) it may be implemented into the next OE firmwares and you will be credited for your work in the OE firmware's readme.

Here are the requirements:

-The plugin has to be coded into prx form.
-The sources must be provided, either publically or privately to me (Mathieulh) or Dark_Alex.
-The plugin must NOT be GPL (because OE is a closed source project, thus implementing GPL code in it might cause legal issues).
-You must give us the approval to use your code in OE.
-The name and description of your plugin must be mentionned/posted in this very thread.
-Your code may be modified to improve it's compatibility with the OE firmwares.

i really think if it is possible for you to submit this awsome plugin, you should:) the whole world should have it is my thinking!
Here's the topic (http://lan.sh/showthread.php?t=852)
thanks, Blaz3d

BaDaPpLe
April 19th, 2007, 05:02
Can confirm this works mint with 3.30OE

blaz3d
November 19th, 2007, 15:47
didn't work in 3.71m33-2, but does work in 3.71m33-3 due to syscall re-implimentation