PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Remote Play available next week

wraggster
March 16th, 2007, 01:17
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/15/advanced-remote-play-available-next-week/)

According to Tom Kiss, the PLAYSTATION 3 is getting updated next week. Why should you care? It finally introduces the Advanced Remote Play functionality that we've been dreaming about. The 1.6 firmware revision for the PS3 will allow you to access your PS3's media content from any wi-fi point in the world. For example, let's say you have an episode of Death Note saved on your PS3. By having Remote Play enabled, you'll be able to stream that video to your PSP whilst at work.

The connectivity opens a lot of potential. "If I have my MP3 Walkman or my iPod, or digital camera connected to PS3 then I can access those devices too," a spokesman for Sony said less than a month ago. However, don't expect to play back your DVDs or Blu-Ray movies on the go: Remote Play hasn't been able to access disc content, and that probably won't change for a while.

DarthPaul
March 16th, 2007, 01:19
Yahoo!! Great News!

Buddy4point0
March 16th, 2007, 01:55
this sounds awsome! hook your ipod up to it then the psp finaly has the power to be a music player!

mavsman4457
March 16th, 2007, 03:56
Ahah, this is a great achievement but it is not ALL that I could ask for in Remote Play. I would also like to see DVR functionality implemented into PS3 and then you could stream the TV straight to your PSP. Also, when the internet speeds are fast enough so that there isn't much of a delay it would be excellent to see remote play of the PS3 games themselves. Now that would be ideal. I'm going to bed.

F9zDark
March 16th, 2007, 05:09
Well this is awesome, however, will remote play also be enabled at startup, so I need not have to turn it on before leaving?

Buddy4point0
March 16th, 2007, 06:01
it better be always on even when playing games and other things. im sure the cell procecor can multitask

BrokenHaiku
March 16th, 2007, 08:44
I only see two problems here. One fact and one potential.
- Streaming would be nice, but who wants to leave the PS3 online at home when it chugs about 179 watt in idle mode?

- Will using remote play force upgrade the firmware of the PSP? Maybe I'm just paranoid with this one :).

shrimpidy
March 16th, 2007, 12:42
:) SICKNESS!!! :)

I love you ps3! Wouldn't it be cool to have your psp set up with your friend's ps3's for an xtended variety of streaming?

wiredforpower
March 16th, 2007, 20:06
sounds great....but, isn't letting the PS3 just run for about 6-8 hours a bad idea? I've heard stories about people running it for 3-4 hours and it overheats and crashes.

yoshinatsu
March 16th, 2007, 20:27
For example, let's say you have an episode of Death Note saved on your PS3.
:thumbup:

BrokenHaiku
April 2nd, 2007, 23:29
So far, I've only been able to access the movies from the local PS3 wifi connection created when you activate remote play on the PS3. Anyone else had more success?

Tinnus
April 3rd, 2007, 16:46
I dunno what's the problem in remotely controlling the ENTIRE PS3, including games, DVDs and so, providing you have the bandwidth for it. I mean, if you can stream a video file, why not the raw video output? (think VNC on steroids)

I think they're just holding this one for marketing reasons.