PDA

View Full Version : Scratches

William Smith
May 1st, 2005, 09:14
Ok its my fault but after buying my PSP I only then ordered a screen protector from Hong Kong.

Fitting it when it finally came was a miserable failure and it ended up in the bin! By the end of this aborted attempt at protection I wasn't even sure which of the layers should have actually remained on the screen. If I ever attempt again remind me to Google for english instructions!

Anyway the point of the post is scratches. During the time I was waiting for the protector and possibly during preparing for fitting (10 Days Total) my PSP seemed to attract fingerprints like a magnet and despite buying a mocrobfibre cloth especially for the purpose, my PSP, if held at angle to bright light was showing lots of fine scratches,resulting from wiping carefully.

I got to the point were I was so depondent I even stopped playing on it. A casual observer may not have even seen the scratches but because I knew I was constantly studying the scratches in direct light.

I am not heavy handed, was careful, so what cloth should I be using? I have a JAP one which doesn't come with a cloth.

Just in case anyone else has the same problem and paranoia (and it hasn't been reported elsewhere in the Forum) a small tube of Displex has been my salvation and removed all the irritating little surface scratches.

Clare
May 1st, 2005, 10:52
Ok its my fault but after buying my PSP I only then ordered a screen protector from Hong Kong.

Fitting it when it finally came was a miserable failure and it ended up in the bin! By the end of this aborted attempt at protection I wasn't even sure which of the layers should have actually remained on the screen. If I ever attempt again remind me to Google for english instructions!

Anyway the point of the post is scratches. During the time I was waiting for the protector and possibly during preparing for fitting (10 Days Total) my PSP seemed to attract fingerprints like a magnet and despite buying a mocrobfibre cloth especially for the purpose, my PSP, if held at angle to bright light was showing lots of fine scratches,resulting from wiping carefully.

I got to the point were I was so depondent I even stopped playing on it. A casual observer may not have even seen the scratches but because I knew I was constantly studying the scratches in direct light.

I am not heavy handed, was careful, so what cloth should I be using? I have a JAP one which doesn't come with a cloth.

Just in case anyone else has the same problem and paranoia (and it hasn't been reported elsewhere in the Forum) a small tube of Displex has been my salvation and removed all the irritating little surface scratches.

Another way of removing scratches is by using a soft cloth (Yellow duster will do) and brasso!

AlexB123
May 1st, 2005, 12:09
I wouldnt put up with it. Scratch = exchange for a new psp.

But then again, thats just me. If I pay over $100 for it, I better be sattisfied.

William Smith
May 1st, 2005, 12:54
Apologies if you were misled but the PSP didn't have scratches when it arrived.

criptix
May 1st, 2005, 17:32
are your scratches going horizontal across the screen (or diagonal)

are you using the case that came with the psp
i found that the case that is included with the psp scratches the screen (very light scratches that can only be seen under light etc....)

gtekman
May 1st, 2005, 18:42
are your scratches going horizontal across the screen (or diagonal)

are you using the case that came with the psp
i found that the case that is included with the psp scratches the screen (very light scratches that can only be seen under light etc....)

I have found the same problem. I stopped using the case that come with it and I bought a lether one from gamestop. Works very nice ;)

William Smith
May 1st, 2005, 20:55
On another Forum (Engames) it was believed pre release that the PSP was going to have some super hard coating which would prevent scratches.

Obviously a load of rubbish and is really my only disappointment (Very disappointed) with an otherwise superb Sony product.

AlexB123
May 1st, 2005, 23:15
Oh hehe, well Im not too bright then.

reakt
May 3rd, 2005, 09:37
It's a shame Sony didn't use toughened glass for the screen! That would be difficult to scratch!

ganon
May 3rd, 2005, 12:41
sony r gay