PDA

View Full Version : us screen quality

leigh
May 1st, 2005, 14:53
i just recieved my second psp off ebay (£164.10 with wipeout). its a U.S. psp 1001K and my other one is from japan 1000K, now i read the U.S. screen was being made by samsung and that the quality was`nt as good as the japanese sharp screen, but on comparison, side by side the U.S. psp`s screen appears to be better quality with clearer screen quality and brighter more vivid colours. on the box it says console made in japan (not china as stated on many sites and ebay auctions) so it appears some U.S. console are getting the better screens than others.(the U.S. psp is a second issue value pack minus the spiderman 2 U.M.D.)

leggy
May 1st, 2005, 17:28
leigh - do you do anything else other than gaming ? Look at all those games :-D

leigh
May 1st, 2005, 20:33
unfortunately "WORK" (boo) doe`s cut into it, briefly:)

internets
May 1st, 2005, 22:18
Leigh

Take a look at this thread, a guy in the US took his PSP to bits, took pics and confirmed the screen in the US was Sharp (the same as the Jap machines).

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=5351

aseddon130
May 1st, 2005, 22:46
u a damn liar leigh :p lol

its the Euro PSP thats gonna have an inferior screen, which is soo much cheekier considering they are gonna charge Europeans even more for the PSP (£50 more - tw@ts)

leigh
May 2nd, 2005, 11:51
u a damn liar leigh :p lol

its the Euro PSP thats gonna have an inferior screen, which is soo much cheekier considering they are gonna charge Europeans even more for the PSP (£50 more - tw@ts)
why is it always "us" that has to pay more for an inferior product and we have to wait 6 f***ing months longer than every other f***er:)

Vimes220
May 2nd, 2005, 16:10
hey the aussies have to wait till september just like us

aseddon130
May 2nd, 2005, 17:28
why is it always "us" that has to pay more for an inferior product and we have to wait 6 f***ing months longer than every other f***er:)

couldnt have said that better - for this reason whenever i mention 'PSP' to anybody and they say 'im gonna get one when theyre out' i urge them to get an import console, they get it 4 months early and not much dearer.

leggy
May 2nd, 2005, 19:31
people should buy an import.

Why bother waiting?