PDA

View Full Version : handheld.css for psp?

dirtyfork
March 16th, 2007, 14:47
Does anyone know if a psp can detect weather a style is for a handheld device (same as a pda) i design websites and have checked to see if a psp does support it. but no luck... any help would be great,

also i got a psp with 3.11, i take it from the various posts that nothing has been done re running homebrew for this firmware, does anyone know weather it is going to happen?

Thanks and hi to all forum users.

froggie22
March 16th, 2007, 14:56
The psp has a function to resize the webpage to make it fit on the screen if thats what your talking about.

In time something might happen.... a hacker will find someway just DONT UPDATE or your even more screwed.

dirtyfork
March 16th, 2007, 15:09
Thanks for that, i found the resize thing, but its more the ability to choose a different css file because the pda's i have seen do it automatically, and the ability to have different style sheets for different platforms is very handy for me.

Know what your saying there, i didnt know about this homebrew stuff till yesterday, so it was already to late. I will keep my eyes open, no big loss though still love my psp with psp games :)

Bytrix
March 16th, 2007, 15:35
If you are using PHP the usual way would be to look at the user agent being used. Then if you have a stylesheet specifically made for that user agent you print out a different line to include your stylesheet.

dirtyfork
March 16th, 2007, 15:51
Yeah i use

<link href="style.css" rel="stylesheet" media="screen" type="text/css" />

then

<link href="handheld.css" rel="stylesheet" media="handheld" type="text/css" />

I thought it would work on a psp, as it does with pda's
But there is no defined platform "psp" it would just be classed as handheld.

dirtyfork
March 16th, 2007, 18:13
ok, for anyone that is interested

<?php
if(strstr($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], "PlayStation Portable"))
{
$stylesheet_file = "print.css";
}
else
{
$stylesheet_file = "style.css";
}
//echo("<p>Agent String: ".$_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']."</p>");
?>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="<?= $stylesheet_file ?>" media="screen" type="text/css" />

un comment the echo to see firm ware version....
yoiu can still have your usual print.css and handheld.css etc as well.

i would be interested in anyone running firmware less than 3.11 having a look at

http://www.dirtyfork.com

then checking

http://www.dirtyfork.com/psp.php

and letting me know if you can see the difference, basically one will fit and one wont.

thanks