PDA

View Full Version : help for a newbie???

flatfeet_64
March 16th, 2007, 18:50
ok... so my PSP is running on custom firmware 3.10 OE-A..(should i update to 3.10 OE-A' ?)...

i put backed up UMD games into the I:/ISO/ folder on my PSP memory stick. the icons appear on the PSP but when i run them it says "the game could not be started"...:confused:

also.. when i try to run my PS1 games the screen just goes black and stays like that until i press 'HOME'...(the icon do appear though).. once again:confused:

i know this is alot of questions but;
i can't get daedalus R9 to work

could some one help please, and maybe give me a link to a SNES emulator...:) (help with any1 of these problems would be appriciated:D

P.S. what is the best popstation to use??? im using AutoPopstation4...

Chameleon
March 16th, 2007, 18:58
just update its no big...

go to recovery and make sure iso stuff is enabled

you have to have popsloader plugin, 3.10 doesnt have the built in version

make sure your game folder is set at the 1.50 kernel through recovery mode

its in dcemu emulator section

I like to use Dr. pop it makes it so easy

hodgy47
March 16th, 2007, 19:07
Most backup games require a umd in the drive to work any umd will do so long as it a game.
Check in recovery and try these settings in the configuration.

1.use no umd "disabled"
2.Fake umd region "set this to regoin for game"
3.Free umd region "enabled"

just play around until you get it working.

flatfeet_64
March 16th, 2007, 21:59
ryt tanks!!:) to both of ya!!
how du get recovery mode???
i av Dr.pop, do i need da hot shots golf 2 EBOOT and KEYS for dat?

Triv1um
March 16th, 2007, 22:01
Hold R when turning psp on.

Use zingaburgas simple popstation GUI, it does it all for you + it puts it on the psp for you too.

Chameleon
March 16th, 2007, 22:16
All you have to do with dr. pop is drag the image on to the gui and if you want a different icon drag that on there click go and wait. it will convert everything for you.

ive used everything dr. pop is by far the easiest
and you dont need the keys file its already included with the dr. pop package

flatfeet_64
March 16th, 2007, 22:21
k tanx again!! will try evryting and let yall kow if it wrks (which it shud), ps.. is 3.10 OE-A' da newest custom firmware?? and is der anythin much extra in it??

Chameleon
March 16th, 2007, 22:30
Dark_AleX has just released a bugfix version of his Open Edition custom firmware, 3.10 OE-A'. As expected, the A2 release is a small update which fixes a simple bug in games like Metal Slug 6 and others. This bug was because the static ELF wasn't being patched correctly in some cases.

There's nothing else apart from that, so if those selected games aren't in your list, you can skip this update altogether. Though, if he releases a new update (rev 3) and you have to upgrade to it, getting this latest version will be a safer option.

if ive helped you feel free to +rep me, id appreciate it.
and good luck i hope u get everything goin smoothly

flatfeet_64
March 16th, 2007, 22:50
ok!!! i tink ill wait... ill download it jst in case...:)
did you see the PSP mod chip, it can unbrick any previously bricked psp and it prevents any psp from becoming bricked, www.modchipstore.com!:)awsome...

Chameleon
March 16th, 2007, 22:56
i cant access the link but im guessing its the undiluted platinum in which case i have heard of.
it allows you to run 2 firmwares simultaniously
(its the best one out there if you were to get one)

xg917
March 16th, 2007, 23:32
arent isos prohibited to talk about in these forums...

hodgy47
March 17th, 2007, 04:33
have you had any luck getting those games working yet.