PDA

View Full Version : Take Two Files Suit Against Jack Thompson

wraggster
March 16th, 2007, 19:32
via slashdot (http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/03/16/1712239.shtml)

Take Two has tired of Jack Thompson's frivolous lawsuits and has filed a federal lawsuit in the Southern District of Florida to prevent him from filing any more 'nuisance' lawsuits. 'Take Two argues that the lawsuits violate its First Amendment rights to free expression, but it also claims that the suits are so vague as to be unconstitutional. "This unconstitutional vagueness will have a chilling effect on Plaintiff as well as Plaintiff's customers," says the company. "Plaintiff's distributors likely will respond to the uncertainty and fear of penalties by withholding Plaintiff's video games from the public."' Take Two also cites the disruptive effect Thompson's suits have on its retail partners

Uchuu
March 16th, 2007, 19:37
YES, finally!!!!! I was wondering when they would start to file counter suits against this Jack Thompson piece of shi**!!!! I'm glad they're finally doing something about this guy.

wiredforpower
March 16th, 2007, 19:59
hahah awesome. Jack Thompson needs to shut up and go home.

g00gy
March 16th, 2007, 20:01
ahh jack thompson my createst enemy

Triv1um
March 16th, 2007, 20:26
Indeed.
I think he should be burnt.

About time i say.

eatnooM
March 16th, 2007, 20:48
Is it opposite day? O.o

Buddy4point0
March 16th, 2007, 20:52
jack thompson the enemy

Camelot
March 16th, 2007, 22:36
For some reason I had never heard of this guy till now so I decided to read up on him.

He claims that some of these military games are made "for a way to disconnect in the soldier’s mind the physical act of pulling the trigger from the awful reality that a life may end."

He also think the dual shock controllers are supposed to give you a pleasure buzz after each kill, which in turn will give the kid operant conditioning.

Harshboy
March 16th, 2007, 23:29
Jack Thompson is a retard. He can just go screw off and burn in hell.

SnesR0X
March 16th, 2007, 23:36
God be praised, he needs to learn a lesson

Buddy4point0
March 17th, 2007, 00:06
simply put.
this guy is a ***.

ish420ism
March 17th, 2007, 06:33
i don't even know who he is. but, Fock him

Cap'n 1time
March 17th, 2007, 07:30
The guy needs to be disbarred period. Perhaps if he has no job, he will learn that he cant go after anyone and everyone for no apparent reason.

Basil Zero
March 17th, 2007, 08:04
About time they decided to put him in his place

darkspectorXP
March 17th, 2007, 23:45
Like I said before, How do we know if the video game companies are misusing the First Amendment for the sake of profit protection or not? God only knows how much money that the Video Game Industry contributed to various Republican party campaigns to get favors from them if the Republican candidate gets elected to office? It is a know fact that Republicans are for the Special Interests, not the Public Interest. I had written numorous articles in my blog on Republicans and the Special Interests. I was and always will be a registered Democrat. The Video Game Industry would lose lots of money if the laws were not overturned.
Ben

Cloudhunter
March 17th, 2007, 23:59
Like I said before, How do we know if the video game companies are misusing the First Amendment for the sake of profit protection or not? God only knows how much money that the Video Game Industry contributed to various Republican party campaigns to get favors from them if the Republican candidate gets elected to office? It is a know fact that Republicans are for the Special Interests, not the Public Interest. I had written numorous articles in my blog on Republicans and the Special Interests. I was and always will be a registered Democrat. The Video Game Industry would lose lots of money if the laws were not overturned.
Ben

Whatever you just said, it doesn't change the fact that Jack Thompson is an idiot.

Cloudy

JKKDARK
March 18th, 2007, 00:01
Good news ^^

carlitx
March 18th, 2007, 12:21
hahah when video games bite back at a total dumb ass hahaha