PDA

View Full Version : Supercard Questions

eomund
March 16th, 2007, 20:07
I've been doing quite a bit of reading and I've realized there are limitations to my max media hardware. So I started looking into other devices and I read that the Supercard will work with my max media card, so I don't have to buy a new one of those.

What I'm really curious about is, how do you load files on to any of the supercard devices (I think there's 3 of them). I tried Supercards website and its such poor english I couldn't quite figure it out.

I'm consitering just using my MMD as a multimedia device, and the possibility of something like supercard for ROMs and Games.

*Edit*
One thing I wanted to add is does it come with it's own flash card, or will I have to use the one I supply? What kind of flash card does it need if I have to supply one?

kcajblue
March 16th, 2007, 22:55
NO ROM TALK!!!
unless its hombrew.

eomund
March 16th, 2007, 23:29
When I saw 'Flash Carts' I assumed it was reguarding the Hardware, I can care less about the programs, mostly just the hardware.

And yes I meant homebrew, games like that zelda game and Doom DS. Even though they are .nds files and technically homemade I consiter them ROMs.

DanTheManMS
March 17th, 2007, 00:54
The slot-2 Supercard products use one of four types of media:
Compact Flash - large, bulky, hard to find a SC CF anymore
Secure Digital (SD) - somewhat large, sticks out of the DS, uses SD cards
miniSD - fits flush within a DS Phat
microSD - fits flush within a DS Lite, does not fit in a DS Phat

You connect the CF/SD card to your computer using a card reader of sorts. You will have to supply these materials yourself. Many miniSD and microSD cards come with a small plastic adapter that can be used to fit them into normal SD-sized card readers. I currently use this method to connect my miniSD card to my computer's built-in memory card reader.

You are correct, your slot-1 NoPass device will work on a slot-2 Supercard.