PDA

View Full Version : Dark Alex 2.71 easy downgrader question.

emule11
March 17th, 2007, 15:01
Hi guys, i am going to be doing a downgrade for my friend on a standard non-ta082 psp 2.71.

I will be using Dark Alex easy downgrader.

I have read several guides, and watched some you tube vids on how to do this.

But something dosn't seem right, all the guides say that you have to follow them perfectly to prevent bricking

This is the part that i am having trouble with........

//Connect the AC adapter to the PSP, highlight the "PHOTO" icon and press the "Triangle" then "Slideshow".

All of the video demonstrations i have watched of this being done, no-one presses triangle and goes into slideshow, they just simply click on photo and press x.

Sorry guys this may seem like a minor question, but i have now watched 3 videos with this exact downgrader being used and no-one is doing that .

I want to follow the guide exactly.

am i missing something?

This video gives an example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aghdiYSINs

So wot should i do?

Thanks

weirdelf
March 17th, 2007, 15:29
Are you using full or lite version?

emule11
March 17th, 2007, 15:38
I havn't done it yet

whats the difference?

which is best?

weirdelf
March 17th, 2007, 18:53
Use the full version.

hodgy47
March 17th, 2007, 19:08
The reason you press triangle then slideshow is to start "hen c" which you need to run homebrew on 2.71 the downgrader is a homebrew program hence the need for hen c

Axelius
March 17th, 2007, 19:42
Many people just think that the tiff-exploit is more stable if you activate it by pressing slideshow and not by simply clicking on the icon. I don't know what happens when you try to run the downgrader although hen is not yet activated. Probably the psp just says that the file is corrupted and won't do anything at all...

emule11
March 19th, 2007, 09:56
all done now thanks guys , slideshow it was