PDA

View Full Version : Storage on disks

Tree
March 17th, 2007, 21:26
How much storage space is there on the XBOX360s disks ?

Anonymous D
March 17th, 2007, 22:36
they're like normal dvds i think probably dual layer mostly though.

jonezybaby
March 17th, 2007, 23:07
i think 99% are duel layer, 8.5gb

Tree
March 19th, 2007, 16:01
this makes me even more comvused about xbox360 fans ... i dont think they think :p no affence or anything but if u want wireless and things to make ur xbox have some of the same things as PS3 it will cost u MORE ... also PS3 has 50gb and xbox 8.5gb :S

iniquitous_beast
March 19th, 2007, 17:04
Disk art, Tree, it's all about disk art. Remember Skies of Arcadia for Dreamcast? It was originally on two nice-looking GD-roms. When it was ported over to gamecube, the whole game fit on a single little disk with ugly disk art.

What I mean to say is that the more disks you have, the more cool disk art you get to look at and the more product you get for your money.

Another thing - remember the Playstation days when multi-disk games were fairly common? Final Fantasy VIII had four disks, but it wasn't any inconvenience to switch disks every ten hours.

By the end of this generation (Wii/360/PS3), maybe some games will actually be large enough to make use of the PS3's 50 Gigabytes of on-disk storage. At that point, you will be right about PS3's storage advantage; but that day is probably four years away. Until then, the Xbox360 will probably be able to get by on games spanning 1-3 disks. That won't be much of an inconvenience at all.

Tree
March 20th, 2007, 19:15
true u may get some more disks but wouldnt u perfer one ... and also disk art is nomaly in the manaul anyway, + think of it like this some complainys may think lets save money and just srkink the game ... anit so good grapics nd sound ... while ps3s getting more sound nd things