PDA

View Full Version : Mac osX Liquid CD : boots .cdi images and it's free

diceone
March 18th, 2007, 01:42
I'm currently testing out the use of Liquid CD.
This allows me to mout and burn .cdi images from disc juggler.
like the nicely packaged BoR stuff!
this was specifically made for mac os X 10.4 and runs natively on the intel platform.

if you are like me and have one power pc mac and one intel mac you know how crappy it can be dealing with some of the older console solutions for os X tha might need to be run on os 10.2 or something.

At any rate, this program natively deals with nero and Disc juggler images.

so... there appears to be a glint of hope (at least for me) to go all the way to 10.4 on all machines.

http://www.maconnect.ch/index.php?page=liquidcd&lang=en

xg917
March 18th, 2007, 20:37
what exactly does this do?

patrickracine
March 23rd, 2007, 09:10
holy frickin awesome, now I don't have to bother with using other peoples windows machines to burn dreamcast games. thanks for the post.

SSaxdude
March 24th, 2007, 13:45
Get Windows people!

JKKDARK
March 24th, 2007, 14:05
what exactly does this do?

A program to burn .cdi images on a Mac computer

diceone
March 25th, 2007, 17:20
widows is the worst crap ever.
period.

the truth is the only reason a mac can't mess with .CDI format is because it is yet another LAME and NEEDLESS windows program specific format, that does nothing but burn discs.

I'm no mac fanboy... but windows has to be the most disgusting OS ever shoved on man.

anyway... Liquid CD is "ok".
It's been hit or miss with certain .cdi images.

Some of mine it mounted, some of mine it said were corrupt or "not valid disc juggler images"... even though they were.

in the end stuff I burned via disc juggler on windows was of course fine, as it is a windows program.
I'm assuming that newer versions of disc juggler output more friendly or current .CDI images.
some of these older dreamcast images may not be as up to date.
However. The program is claiming big compatibility and wasn't 100% as far as I could drive it.

I have contacted the software company and I am letting them know of my results.
Hopefully I'll be getting some feedback.

SSaxdude
March 25th, 2007, 18:33
The people who use Mac instead of Windows either:
Don't have much computer knowledge
Only do artsy crap on their computer

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant

I don't think all PCs are great, just not the pieces of garbage sold at Best Buy or Dells.

Darksaviour69
March 26th, 2007, 10:18
i have been using p.c.'s for 10 years, but I think macs are great. the biggest problem is there is more software on p.c.'s and software it generally cheaper, but other than than that mac OS is better than windows (I have not used vista yet)

diceone
March 26th, 2007, 18:30
anyway.
this thread is about a program on mac.
not about me sitting in here saying windows or os X is better.

so ssaxdude... you can into the windows forum and say how awesome you are for loving the color beige, working in a cubicle, having shit icons for your os, and having more viruses than anyone else on your machine.

I own both, have MORE than enough knowledge to school most, and am not interested in windows or mac penis measuring.

and yes, I too, wish all the mac fanboys/soccer moms with ipods/fratboys with ipods who don't know shit about computers would also shut the hell up.

Crimson_oni
August 12th, 2008, 18:39
Thank you diceone

Next Stop Willoughby
September 6th, 2008, 20:41
Okay, here I will ask, what do I do if a file is over 700mb in liquidCD? I get an error message whenever I try and there doesn't seem to be an overburn option. Thanks!

fackue
September 7th, 2008, 01:42
Cool, good luck with it!

Strangedogs
October 23rd, 2008, 13:16
Just joined - waiting on delivery of my Dreamcast too (Ebay find) !!! I'm Mac also - does this work? I have a PC too but hate to fire it up unless I have to. I'm using 10.5 and just downloaded LiquidCD - seemed to load a CDI into it just fine...