PDA

View Full Version : Opera DS: I HAVE A MEGA HUGE PROBLEM!!!

TeenDev
March 18th, 2007, 02:00
k, so i just got my Opera DS broswer in the mail today from my aunt in scotland and i have a problem. Every time I try to run it it says 'Please insert Memory Expansion Pak' which I have of course inserted. Do DS carts from the UK not work on US DSes? Or is it maybe because I'm using a custom firmware (CreeboMe). Once I get my GBAMP v2 I entend to take off CreeboMe and reflash my DS with FlashMe. Does CreeboMe block a DS Cart from communicating with a GBA cart? Help is needed urgently.

DanTheManMS
March 18th, 2007, 02:16
DSs are region-free, and my UK-bought Opera browser works fine in my US-bought DS.

I had this happen once before, but ejecting and reinserting fixed it. Ensure that the contacts are clean on the GBA cartridge. Otherwise, I'm not sure why it isn't working.

TeenDev
March 18th, 2007, 02:44
DSs are region-free, and my UK-bought Opera browser works fine in my US-bought DS.

I had this happen once before, but ejecting and reinserting fixed it. Ensure that the contacts are clean on the GBA cartridge. Otherwise, I'm not sure why it isn't working.

i've done the ejecting and everything several times, and I get the same result. Would there be a possibility that the custom firmware was blocking something?

DanTheManMS
March 18th, 2007, 02:59
I'm not really sure. While I kinda doubt it, I can't really rule it out. My guess is that it's more about faulty hardware, but I can't be certain.

kcajblue
March 18th, 2007, 04:17
have you tried changing your firmware back to flashme.

TeenDev
March 18th, 2007, 04:23
have you tried changing your firmware back to flashme.

im trying. its really hard since CreeboMe doesn't support MMD and I dont have my GBAMP v2 yet...

kcajblue
March 18th, 2007, 09:09
thats why i dont try first release things like firmwares unless they are compatible with a lot of stuff from the start.