PDA

View Full Version : Problem loading .gba files

Bendezium
March 18th, 2007, 09:37
Hello. First post. Got some stuff I'm trying to load, homebrew ofcourse :) I'm using M3 Lite Pro/SD. It is chinese but I believe I have the current firmware. Updating the firmware fixed all my major DS problems but still suffer from the GBA ones.

If I load off the NDS screen a red meter goes up the screen and the system freezes when it is full. If I press start to load in GBA mode from the top screen the numbers count up in KB pretty fast and then the system freezes up with a white screen.

Anyone seen this happen before? I use gamemanager to create the save files needed.

Thanks

DanTheManMS
March 18th, 2007, 17:56
How big are the files you're trying to launch? The M3 Pro only supports games 4 MB in size or lower.

Bendezium
March 18th, 2007, 23:55
Well that seems to be the problem. Does it run archived files less than 4mb where the original is greater? Also it seems to be calculating that many of my files are 5MB, but in windows they are all listed as 4096KB, strange.

DanTheManMS
March 19th, 2007, 01:11
I'm almost positive it wouldn't support archived files. The entire game needs to be loaded into RAM before it can run, and the M3 Pro only has 4 MB of RAM, a reduction that was made to lower costs.

Perhaps the M3 menu works in multiples of 10 rather than powers of 2, so it thinks anything over 4,000,000 bytes is 5 MB or something. If this is hindering you from loading the game, you could try trimming it, which should give you an extra few hundred kb.

Junixx
March 19th, 2007, 02:23
I didn't think M3 professional had any GBA support....and it it does its probably like the GBAMP and can only load homebrew thats less than 256 kb

DanTheManMS
March 19th, 2007, 03:44
The M3 Pro does have 4 MB of RAM in it, so smaller games and homebrew images will work on it. I myself wasn't aware of this until a few weeks ago when a user needed help getting SnezziDS to work on it.