PDA

View Full Version : Metareview: Burnout Dominator

wraggster
March 18th, 2007, 12:37
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/17/metareview-burnout-dominator/)

We've had our eye on Burnout Dominator for a while now: it has pretty looks, and features new content made exclusively for PSP and PS2. But, we were worried: maybe the game looks too much like the previous Burnout games? Surely, explosive car gameplay can't get old ... or can it? Let's see what the critics had to say:

IGN (85/100) thinks it ups the ante from previous Burnout titles ... almost: "The racing is just as adrenaline pumping as it's ever been, and possibly even more so than what we saw in Burnout Revenge as you need to be afraid of traffic once again. However, the lack of standard features and modes like Crash are a rather big disappointment."

Gamespot (82/100) doesn't think Dominator revolutionizes the series, but thinks it's still good: "Burnout Dominator is more Burnout, and that's great. It may not have all the newfangled bells and whistles that you'd want from a sequel, but if you're a fan of the series who absolutely must have new tracks as soon as possible, Dominator should satisfy you nicely."

GameSpy (60/100) thinks it's a clear step backwards for the franchise: "Rather than another true entry in the series, Dominator is a simple C-grade mashup."

You've seen the footage, so you should be able to decide for yourself: does this throwback to the earlier Burnout games do it for you? At least one thing's agreed upon by all three of these critics: get the PSP version instead of the PS2. It looks more impressive, and has slightly more functionality than the console counterpart.

Triv1um
March 18th, 2007, 12:40
Im a big fan of the burnout series.

Burnout legends RULES

dominator sucks.

March 18th, 2007, 14:49
I am looking forward to this release I have always been a fan of the burnout series. Burnout legend for xbox was in the top ten games for xbox on Xplay.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
March 18th, 2007, 16:24
I think its good but i think it dosent give the "WOW!!! effect"

mike_jmg
March 18th, 2007, 23:18
i think it is a step back in the series, i was really eager to se something like revenge on my psp, but instead i got something like burnout 3 with some extra stuff

Even so, it's still a good game, cause itīs more burnout

Rorin
March 19th, 2007, 16:19
personally i thought the burnout series sucked, but when i picked up dominator. Man was i in for a surprise. 8/10