PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: Using Simple Popstation GUI

Triv1um
March 18th, 2007, 16:14
Alot of people have being strugling trying to get there head around getting there PSX games on there PSP, so i thought i would make a tutorial on how to use the already simple GUI's

First you should have ripped your chosen PSX game.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/triv1um/Popstation%20Tut/1.jpg

Mine is a .bin file, they can be .ISO or someothers.

Open up your simple popstation GUI

You can find it here - http://dl.qj.net/Simple-Popstation-GUI-v2.21-Beta-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC)/pg/12/fid/12220/catid/192

This is the layout

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/triv1um/Popstation%20Tut/2.jpg

- Browse were it says 'psx image file' and put it in, the dictionary will be put in there.

- Chose were you want the output to be (you should know what this is)

- Now it usualy gets what the ID is, but if it doesnt choose the game it is in the game title bit.

- Customising your EBOOT pics can be very important when you have a few psx games on your PSP, so make the pictures for it, the measurements are all there. Do as good as a job you want.

Then hit Go

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/triv1um/Popstation%20Tut/3.jpg

This will go through, its just making the eboots. It is also compressing, they compress to good sizes too.

When this is done, it will offer you to put them on your PSP, great.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u213/triv1um/Popstation%20Tut/4.jpg

Hit yes (if you wish) and select your PSP drive letter etc. (g: )

And BOOM, you have your PSX game on your PSP (have a god damn cookie)

----
If there is anything you think ive missed, tell me.

And tell me how it goes when you've done it, this thread keeps dying lets its got like 1000+ views.

hodgy47
March 18th, 2007, 23:18
I already know how to use this but nice tutorial all the same should help a lot of people out nice work.

anotherconfused1
March 19th, 2007, 20:32
I follow all the steps but when I go to start the game (Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy Tactics) all i get is a black screen i tried going back to 1.5 fw and then back to 3.10 oe a' but that didnt work either if you can help I would greatly appreciate it

Stone Temple Pilots
March 30th, 2007, 15:27
Wouldn't compressing it take away sound and graphics quality drastically?

hodgy47
March 30th, 2007, 19:30
No, compression of a psx iso only compresses it, it does'nt remove anything so you keep all sound and quality its like .wav to .mp3 same quality just smaller

Triv1um
March 31st, 2007, 12:47
indeed, thanks for that hodgy.

I didnt actully know what it done, but indeed. They run just the same at full compression. (and it compresses them ALOT)

Lycan_Ste
April 1st, 2007, 14:40
Awesome guide works like a dream thank you.

basketballman
April 6th, 2007, 22:47
i followed what u did but it says corrupted data? help pls. im on 3.03 oe-c

Triv1um
April 6th, 2007, 23:54
Hmmm, there is no reason why this should happen.

Are you sure your rip is ok?

basketballman
April 7th, 2007, 08:34
Hmmm, there is no reason why this should happen.

Are you sure your rip is ok?

its an .IMG?

Triv1um
April 7th, 2007, 08:50
how big is the .img
there not usualy .img's, because honest was this your rip?
plus, have you tried playing the .img straight from a pc psx emu?

basketballman
April 7th, 2007, 09:26
the file is 700 mb. ive used CLONECD to get it.
not yet. maybe mine is semi brick?

Triv1um
April 15th, 2007, 16:25
No its not a semi brick? lol

Anyway, if you use this can you please post to say your success or fails.

Thanks.

HAzArdrOxS
April 18th, 2007, 07:52
Worked great but im having troubles putting my own custom pictures on it :mad: Keeps saying im doing wrong sizes but i keep changing it but its doing nothing.

Triv1um
April 20th, 2007, 21:45
You should have a folder that came with the program with all the pics you need.

Open those up, delete whats there and do your stuff on that canvas.

Save it as a .png and you're set to go.

HAzArdrOxS
April 25th, 2007, 06:18
In this program is there a way where i could turn all Final Fantasy VII cd's into 1 eboot? right now i have 3 differnt eboots for each cd wh ich i dont really like

Triv1um
April 25th, 2007, 15:38
Im not really sure about multi-disks.

But i do know the Game ID's NEED to be the same on each disk.

There is a cheat device or something which fixes this.

Im really not the one to ask though.

HAzArdrOxS
April 25th, 2007, 21:46
Who would be the one to ask if you dont mind telling

lmame
April 26th, 2007, 10:29
Hi :)

First of all, thanks a lot for this tutorial ;)
I managed to rip two of my PSX games and I successfully "encoded" them using the GUI.

Still, I got a little problem, I have the 3.40oe firmware installed and when I try to run the game (transfered also by the GUI into PSP/GAME/name_of_the_game), the psp "freezes" on my background. I got no "psx" logo or something, just my theme background. I can change the volume for example but I remain there...

Have any idea?

lmame
April 26th, 2007, 12:25
Ok, I found why.
I had a modified opening_plugin.rco and it seems the PSP dislikes this for PSX games.
I replaced the one I had by the Sony genuine and now it works !

Triv1um
April 26th, 2007, 20:08
Yeah, if i saw this before i could of told you that :)

Anyway, glad my guide helped :)

Lylix
June 11th, 2007, 21:04
*bump*
this guide really helped me out, cant someone include it in a guide for others that were in my position to see?

oh and thx again triv :P

jeegee
June 12th, 2007, 13:28
Lovely easy tutorial. Thanks. Do i NEED to convert pal to ntsc?

Triv1um
June 12th, 2007, 17:58
No you dont need to.

But if its a pal game, you will loose like 1/4 of the top of the screen. (thats what happened with my Croc rip)

Sonicboy 101
June 12th, 2007, 18:02
This should be stickied.

jeegee
June 13th, 2007, 10:07
Couldn't get my PAL rip of wipeout 2097 working so i got hold of the US version (Wipeout XL) in form of eboot. It runs fine now, but when i alter the icon0 and PIC1 PNGs on it (using the zingaburger GUI) it ceases to run correctly. Loads up fine, shows intro, goes to loading screen. FREEZES. Any ideas as to what is going wrong please? I am using DA 3.40 oea

Triv1um
June 13th, 2007, 16:00
Couldn't get my PAL rip of wipeout 2097 working so i got hold of the US version (Wipeout XL) in form of eboot. It runs fine now, but when i alter the icon0 and PIC1 PNGs on it (using the zingaburger GUI) it ceases to run correctly. Loads up fine, shows intro, goes to loading screen. FREEZES. Any ideas as to what is going wrong please? I am using DA 3.40 oea

So it runs with the standard crappy icons, but not with your own?

I really don't see a reason why they should make a difference to the game itself.

I dont know about that, sorry.

jeegee
June 15th, 2007, 11:04
So it runs with the standard crappy icons, but not with your own?

Ayuh thats right. Its strange cos it loads fine up till main screen. then freezes. Doesn't reset or power down, just stays on that loading screen. Anyone else got any ideas? Is there another app that allows you to alter pbp's?

PalestineAtmaIllumin
January 27th, 2008, 03:58
I did everything I should have done but my SO2 eboot won't run. I don't see the title screen. Someone halp please.

Ninja Dood
February 5th, 2008, 03:38
I need help. I did everything correctly( I think) but when I go to play the game(MarvelvsCapcom) my psp says" The copyright protection information is invalid." Do I need to have custom firmware to do this? I'm on 3.72

metalic36
February 18th, 2008, 02:31
Hey I Followed All The Instuctions To Convert Playstation To Psp And After I Did It Said Something Like Copy Right Protection Wasnt Found What Does That Mean Thank You.

animegoku
March 11th, 2008, 00:43
Hi, when I downloaded the file popstation GUI it comes up as a .rar how do I use that? I've already tried extracting it, maybe I did wrong. thanks
And one more thing, what do I do if it says that I can't play it because of the copyright thing on it.
thanks again

Offspring412
March 11th, 2008, 18:36
is there a simple popstation GUI for mac??

please for the love of God tell me there is..

avenged_777
May 19th, 2008, 02:53
worked perfect
thx a lot :)

baygongratis
June 3rd, 2008, 08:08
I already know how to use this but nice tutorial all the same should help a lot of people out nice work.
please help me... all i get its a black screen, and i got the popsloader already enable!.. please due give me a hand.

i have a fat psp with 3.71 m33

jrod331
July 16th, 2008, 22:56
i followed your guide, i have 3.40 oe-a, when i download games, i get a .bin and a .cue, and when i rip games i get a .bin and a .cue, but only the ripped games work. the downloaded all say corrupted! do i have a good fw?