PDA

View Full Version : Problems with 3.10` OE Firmware and PSX Games

Kinneas
March 19th, 2007, 19:46
Firstly I'm very sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, or this kind of topic isn't permitted. I'm relatively new to all of this.

I've been having problems getting a 100% working firmware on my PSP to play my PSX games. At the moment I'm just trying to get FF7, 8 and 9 to work. (I'm aware of the freezes in 8 which I guess is unavoidable, unless anyone's found a fix since then?)

When running the latest firmware (3.10 OE A`?), FF7 runs too fast. By this I mean the music plays faster than normal and indeed the whole game plays faster than it should. You also don't see the whole "swirly" effect when entering a random battle, it just makes the noise, the screen freezes then it skips into the battle.

8 kind of works, but with graphical glitches. On the world map, the characters and the sky are yellow for no apparent reason.

I've gone back to previous firmware versions, but they present different problems.

I used popstation to convert the .iso files from my original discs (After converting from PAL to NTFS) to Eboots - Is there an alternative converter that might yield more success?

Anyway, could anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance :)

Triv1um
March 19th, 2007, 19:58
it 'sounds' like a bad rip to me.

Try this, its my tutorial thing, download link is in it too, because you shouldnt need the tutorial ;)

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56492

Kinneas
March 19th, 2007, 20:25
Thanks for the help, I'll give that a try and let you know how it goes.

One more thing. Does it do any harm to compress the Eboot? I mean does it affect performance of the game or can it cause any problems?

weirdelf
March 19th, 2007, 20:44
Nope, doesn't cause any problems

undefind
March 25th, 2007, 04:42
what is the best method for compressing eboots?
i tried using winrar but it doesnt compress all that much, and it takes too dang long.

EDIT: also, i have been using a CSO compression tool. i have noticed i get a ridiculous compression rate on some games. i compressed untold legends from 800 megs to 175, but others i get 450 down to 415. am i doing something wrong here?

Tetris999
March 25th, 2007, 06:55
what is the best method for compressing eboots?
i tried using winrar but it doesnt compress all that much, and it takes too dang long.

EDIT: also, i have been using a CSO compression tool. i have noticed i get a ridiculous compression rate on some games. i compressed untold legends from 800 megs to 175, but others i get 450 down to 415. am i doing something wrong here?

they dont allow ISO talk here man

undefind
March 25th, 2007, 14:18
who said anything about an iso?

coo
March 26th, 2007, 02:16
there is to talking about compressing PSP games (in .iso or .cso format). PSX eboot game talk is ok, though.