PDA

View Full Version : Updates

Tree
March 19th, 2007, 22:37
Ok i want to have some homebrew on my PS3 but i also want HOME and can i update my homebrew and still get home ?

F9zDark
March 20th, 2007, 00:22
What homebrew? lol

Currently there is no XMB-based homebrew for the PS3 (which is all I care about personally). We'll just have to wait and see what Paradox does/has to say about the exploits they supposedly found in the coming weeks.

Tree
March 20th, 2007, 16:01
yeah but im saying if the PS3 does get homebrew and i get it can i still go on HOME when it comes out?

F9zDark
March 23rd, 2007, 08:12
yeah but im saying if the PS3 does get homebrew and i get it can i still go on HOME when it comes out?

Well that depends on how badly Sony wants to defend the PS3 from homebrew. Obviously I don't think they'll be as defiant with the fight as they are on the PSP, since they ultimately designed the PS3 with user created games, mods, and content in mind.

However, if the exploit comes out soon (in the next month or so) and with Home coming out in the fall, its more than likely that Sony may patch up the holes. Or, if they were smart, they'd bust ass and let us have homebrew officially, without having to use exploits.

No one can say for certain what Sony will do if we find an exploit for homebrew; they may not give a damn because they were going to give it to us anyway. Or they may patch it up and make us go the official route, or they may not give us a damn thing as is the case with the PSP.