PDA

View Full Version : Looks like someone actually successfully hacked the psp..

SchmuckofNI
May 4th, 2005, 03:40
Only problem is it works only with the japanese psps and if you didn't update your firmwire to 1.5.
Link:
http://www.internalreality.com/
Dunno if it works tho, anyone with a jap psp and a camera willing to try?

aseddon130
May 4th, 2005, 09:19
shit - dont say that, i updated to 1.5! - anybody confirm that this works?

AlexB123
May 4th, 2005, 12:08
I'dd try it but im 1.5 as well, hehe.

rmedtx
May 4th, 2005, 13:04
This works only with japanese PSPs? Man.... Will somebody please hack the american PSP? :(

oasismark
May 4th, 2005, 13:51
"This tool takes an elf file compiled for psp and "converts" it into a PBP file.
You can then copy this pbp file to a subdir in "PSP/GAME" on your memcard (eg to "PSP/GAME/APP1/EBOOT.PBP")
This tool has been designed so that you could run it at the end of your makefile,
you could even set your makefile to then copy the pbp to your psp after making it
(assuming you first set your psp to usb mode).

Let the pspdev begin! "

What the hell does that all mean? explain to a newbie please!!!!

ganon
May 4th, 2005, 13:52
whats been hacked?

Greensprout
May 4th, 2005, 17:02
whats been hacked?

Exactly what I was thinking?

What happens if you use it on v1.5?

SchmuckofNI
May 4th, 2005, 18:10
It basically means that people can start compiling their own homebrewn software from this exploit.

wraggster
May 4th, 2005, 18:32
awesome news, good thing my PSP isnt updated.

ganon
May 4th, 2005, 18:53
at last
lets see what potetal is out there

AlexB123
May 4th, 2005, 20:29
DANG... SchmuckofNI answered it... But thats what it means.

SchmuckofNI
May 4th, 2005, 20:46
Lets hope with this release will reveal whats legit and what isn't. I can't wait until version 1.5 is cracked!

psplover
May 4th, 2005, 21:07
Wtf does it matter which bios you have. the pb4 files or w/e that boots off a memory stick should boot off any memory stick. Probably just didnt have a US psp to try it with. Btw you can use many different programs to write elf code. Just remember to keep everything as basic as possable. C would probably work the best.

wraggster
May 4th, 2005, 21:24
the loophole was closed on v1,5 fyi

psplover
May 4th, 2005, 22:32
So why doesnt someone dump the v1 firmware and then hex edit it to register as newer firmware so you can install it over your newer firmware?

SchmuckofNI
May 5th, 2005, 00:21
Well I think it comes down to if you did that you wouldn't be able to play some of the newer games. Besides, its only been out what for like 2 days and I am willing to bet that in the next week or so we will see something that works with version 1.5. Just speculating thats all..

ganon
May 5th, 2005, 02:31
wot so u have to have new firmware to play new games? why?

SchmuckofNI
May 5th, 2005, 06:46
For security reasons obviously. I don't think Sony wants their little console being hacked. What could very well happen is that if you had a hacked firmware and tried to update it may not let you update it so therefore your psp is worthless unless there is a way to roll back to a previous version. Hopefully, once version 1.5 is hacked there will be a way to roll back to before it was hacked so you can update it to play new games. We shall have to wait and see what happens. Only time will tell.

qleyo
May 5th, 2005, 08:16
o shoot!!! my psp came with 1.5 already! christ, i knew there were downsides to updating software! for those who updated that is.

Any propects on making a stand alone browser, based on Dillo, i'm not really a hacker but i do some basic microprocessor programming in C (though the compilers used are completely different) and i'd love to take this up

Greensprout
May 5th, 2005, 15:40
This is what happens to your PSP if you install the 'Hello World' program on v1.5..

Video -> Clicky (http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=IMAG0039)