PDA

View Full Version : lets start homebrewing!!!

kirby001
March 20th, 2007, 19:27
how do i do this?

lol i am just about to purchase a psp, i started off with nintendo ds homebrew and really liked it. but then i got to the limitations of the nintendo ds and it sucked. so now i want a psp to homebrew, YA!!

Now is there a step by step guide for starting how to homebrew. eg: what firmware i need to have, wether i need to flash and how, anything else i would need to know in order to run anything.

Thanks for the links!

Triv1um
March 20th, 2007, 19:39
You need to make sure when you buy your new PSP, it needs to be - 3.03 any higher its not downgradable as of yet.

You need to downgrade to 1.50, that is the main homebrew firmware (the one that starts it all).

But with that you can upgrade to custom firmware, which is much safer when flashing, because you have alittle thing called recovery mode. This will recover you back to 1.50 if you brick.

To use the 3.03 downgrader you need GTA - liberty city stories unpatched, you can tell if it is patched or unpatched by the network update that is on the UMD.
V2.0 update means its unpatched, anything else means its patched.

To use the downgrader yes you do need to flash, this can be dangerous if you do it wrong, but its very stable.

Anymore questions feel free to ask me, and i hope you invest in a wonderful console :D

weirdelf
March 20th, 2007, 20:09
If you don't have an unpatched GTA:LCS, it's best to buy a new psp with firmware 2.71 or lower, because you can downgrade 2.71 without GTA and it's quite hard to get hold of.

kirby001
March 21st, 2007, 18:16
ok well i am buying a psp, so i hope the firmware is that 2.7 or lower.

Triv1um
March 21st, 2007, 18:18
Indeed, good luck

Shrygue
March 21st, 2007, 18:22
A PSP with any version up to 2.80 can be downgraded without the need to have the Grand Theft Auto: liberty City Stories game.

Triv1um
March 21st, 2007, 19:07
Oh i thought it was 2.7. Oh well.

krazykarl
March 21st, 2007, 21:28
A PSP with any version up to 2.80 can be downgraded without the need to have the Grand Theft Auto: liberty City Stories game.

Oh i thought it was 2.7. Oh well.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I've heard that several people had problems with the 2.80 downgrader.
I'd stick with the 2.71 or lower if I were you.

I downgraded mine from 3.03 and I bought my copy of GTA:LCS used so I was lucky that it was an earlier unpatched version. If you can't find a 2.71 or lower and have to use the 3.03 downgrader, try to borrow a copy of GTA:LCS from a friend or sometimes gamestop employees will let you try out the game in store to see if it's the right one you need.