PDA

View Full Version : Portable HDD vs Expensive Memory Duo's?

Greensprout
May 4th, 2005, 17:16
Found this on another forum :

40GB Portable HDD (http://www.supermediastore.com/apacer-share-steno-cd311-with-40gb-5400rpm-notebook-hard-drive.html)

Supposedly you can plug your PSP into this whilst on the go and it thinks the portable HDD is a computer, so you can transfer films/files etc to the memory duo as you please..

'The Steno mounts the PSP memory stick so you can browse the memory stick's files on the Steno. It has a very tiny display and a crude, but useable interface to delete and copy files back and forth between the Steno's hard drive and the PSP' - Phredd - PSP411.com

Not exactly sure how they work but seems interesting.. anyone tried this?

SchmuckofNI
May 4th, 2005, 18:01
Hmm sounds interesting and is a heck of a lot cheaper than buying 20 2 gig sticks. :P

finite
May 4th, 2005, 18:19
**warez site spam**
read the rules, this is my only warning.
souLLy

SchmuckofNI
May 4th, 2005, 20:44
How is this warez site spam? It sounded pretty legit if you ask me..

AlexB123
May 4th, 2005, 21:06
Yeah looks legit too, I just checked into it. (Of course I have been wrong before...)

Greensprout
May 5th, 2005, 15:24
**warez site spam**
read the rules, this is my only warning.
souLLy

Sorry if you consider this spam but I though others on here might be intested in this..

Seems like a good gadget if it does what is said.

danrowland
May 10th, 2005, 13:16
this looks good, it'd be MUCH better if it plugged into the memory stick port and emulated a memory stick so you don't have to 'copy' anything to anywhere, and can effectively stream from the drive.