PDA

View Full Version : PRX's

StuiWooi
March 20th, 2007, 20:51
Ok I know certain questions must be very common, and seem very stupid (something like this being one of them) but what are prx files, do they add functionality, and how does one make use of them?

I've had my psp since (european) launch, and found homebrew very exciting at first, but lost interest after a while, until the PSX emulator and popstation appeared, and I've been meaning to upgrade for ages, got around to getting 3.10 OE-A' today, so it's all new to me, and I haven't been keeping up on how things work...so yeah, explanation of PRX's what they can do, and how I would use them, pweese?

Triv1um
March 20th, 2007, 20:56
As far as im aware PRX's are plugins.

Im a dumbass so i wouldnt trust me, but i think there plugins :)

StuiWooi
March 20th, 2007, 21:10
Hehe ok, do they work with the wonderful custom firmwares or what?

jak66
March 20th, 2007, 21:17
prx's are ELF files designed to run code on the PSP. Official prxs are found in firmware dumps and actually allow the PSP to run. Unofficial prxs extend the features of the psp, either by adding new features (capture.prx - screen shoot/screen recording plugin) or extending current psp features (popcorn.prx - allows own psx games to run on OE, found on flash0 of any OE firmware 3.02 OE B AND HIGHER)

StuiWooi
March 20th, 2007, 21:52
Ok cool, so if I download them, will there be a comprehensive readme, telling me what to do? Say the capture one (sound exciting...) how would i make it work?

Triv1um
March 20th, 2007, 23:20
in the root of your memory stick make a folder called 'seplugins'

put the prx in there.

open up notepad and type the exact location of the PRX, ms0:/ blah blah

call it 'VSH' and save that txt file in there too.

go into rec mode --> plugins --> enable it.

tada, your done

StuiWooi
March 21st, 2007, 00:41
Ok thanks for that triv1um, I'm trying to use cwcheat 1.7 (no comments about my gaming skill please) and i enabled it and all but...now what?

EDIT: I found out how to work it, thanks anyway