PDA

View Full Version : I don't think I bricked, but...

celestial_guru
March 21st, 2007, 03:34
I was playing Chrono Cross on my psp(At the very beginning, right after you enter Another) when it suddenly shut down for no apparent reason. I've tried taking the battery out and letting it charge, but my psp won't work. I can't even enter the recovery menu now. All the darn thing does when I turn it on is flash the green light for 1/2 second. Nothing happens on the screen, no sound. Just a quick flash of light.

Has anyone heard of this happening, and does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remedy this dilemma?

I already did a *sloppy* search of the dcemu forums to find any dilemmas relating to mine, but I found none.

Thank you in advance.

redhotchilimando
March 21st, 2007, 04:07
that's weird, did you try checking the status of the characters, or checking the items menu?

cuz that's usually when my chrono cross freezes, or when i recruit someone new

ExcruciationX
March 21st, 2007, 05:41
Weird...

Tetris999
March 21st, 2007, 07:11
I was playing Chrono Cross on my psp(At the very beginning, right after you enter Another) when it suddenly shut down for no apparent reason. I've tried taking the battery out and letting it charge, but my psp won't work. I can't even enter the recovery menu now. All the darn thing does when I turn it on is flash the green light for 1/2 second. Nothing happens on the screen, no sound. Just a quick flash of light.

Has anyone heard of this happening, and does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can remedy this dilemma?

I already did a *sloppy* search of the dcemu forums to find any dilemmas relating to mine, but I found none.

Thank you in advance.

ive never heard of such a thing

Probably pops was corrupt pssh i dunno

IN ANYCASE, if you cant reboot to recovery menu, ure psp is bricked

u can buy a modchip at www.consolesource.com for 60$ now pretty cheap!
BTW im not advertising, just to show a place where i found a cheap modchip

celestial_guru
March 21st, 2007, 09:03
Wanna know what really sucks? I have a TA082 motherboard. I really hope it isn't a brick, but it sure seems that way....

I read somewhere that if the wifi antenna jiggles around, it could ground somewhere where it's not supposed to and cause the psp to crash and not load until it is fixed. I'm desperate enough to disassemble my psp and see....should I?

Chameleon
March 21st, 2007, 09:05
NO, dont act on it right away see how it all pans out.
that wouldnt do much anyway, the problem is likely to be an internal problem

Cloudhunter
March 21st, 2007, 09:56
Try unplugging it from the power, then taking your battery out...

Cloudy

Gold Line
March 21st, 2007, 13:02
turn it on with out a mem stick?

Tetris999
March 21st, 2007, 17:03
Wanna know what really sucks? I have a TA082 motherboard. I really hope it isn't a brick, but it sure seems that way....

I read somewhere that if the wifi antenna jiggles around, it could ground somewhere where it's not supposed to and cause the psp to crash and not load until it is fixed. I'm desperate enough to disassemble my psp and see....should I?

what is there to lose....

also, try what gold line said, as i have heard memory sticks not letting psps boot up because their messed up, try that