PDA

View Full Version : Various Homebrew Problems....

nanook2k3
March 21st, 2007, 19:22
So I'm running 3.10 OE-A2 and I'm having some difficulties getting some homebrew games running right. I'm thinking I might be confused on what folders they need to be put in (right now I have a PSP\GAME, PSP\GAME150 and a PSP\GAME310 folder), and I've gone back and forth in the recover console changing the kernel to 1.50 and 3.10. So here's the run down of what I'm stuck on:

Doom - fails to load WAD, says "S_START not found!"

Quake - fails to load, says "W_loadWadFile: couldn't load gfx.wad"

Two official demos (Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror, and Killzone: Liberation) - neither one load...Killzone just turns the PSP off, and Syphong Filter says "failed to open the Dark Mirror data file. The file is missing or corrupt. The system will be restarted." I've tried putting them in the PSP/GAME310 folder and changing the recovery Kernel to 3.10 as suggested....same result though

Daedalus - tried loading Mario Kart 64 - no way to start the game....hitting any button only cycles through some of the menu options in Daedalus

Any help or advice for getting any of these going would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

weirdelf
March 21st, 2007, 20:07
The demos must be in PSP>GAME.
Found something about quake here:
http://www.pocketmatrix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8906&sid=3a9850a5d3d5fd7d312515da1e7037a4
Found something about Doom here:
http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index.php/t-10411.html
As for daedalus, check the compatibility list:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23616

nanook2k3
March 22nd, 2007, 08:28
Thanks for the reply....I checked the links you provided and was able to get Quake working.....which brings another question:

For any of the FPS homebrew games, how do you setup your controls (I know how to edit the config file, but I'm just trying to find out the ideal configuration for dealing with mouselook, etc). The default for quake is not working for me (looking in the config file it says "bind "CROSS" "mlook_on" - which leads me to believe that by holding the X button, I can then use the arrow buttons to look around.....but that hasn't been the case so far)

As for the other games, Doom is still giving me the same error, regardless of what wads I try. Same thing for the official demos - doesn't matter which folder I put them in and which kernel I select....always the same result.

I've already gone through the entire Daedalus compatibility thread and that's the reason why I'm trying Mario Kart 64 because I know it *should* work. Nobody else seems to have had this problem though......is there a possibility that I there are different "versions" of the roms, like the case with MAME roms?

BlackShark
March 22nd, 2007, 09:05
Well, I can Help you with Doom

First off make sure you set kernal mode to 1.50, then Put the Doom folder in the GAME folder.

then get the Doom2.wad file (you should already have this, this comes with the original game, you cannot dl it.

then at the menu, press X on Doom 2, (if trying to load Pwads or other wads that are mods, then press X on Doom 2 and triangle on what ever pwad you have, then press start)

other than that, tell me exactly what you do.

nanook2k3
March 22nd, 2007, 09:18
Thanks....Doom's working like a champ now! Just need to figure out the best way to setup the controls (I found that you can adjust them in game by hitting Ltrigger + Rtrigger + start) - what's the typical configuration? (it can't be what you start out with in default LOL)

Same thing for Quake....I just went into "options" and adjusted the controls, but still can't do mlook...what has everyone else used instead?

nanook2k3
March 22nd, 2007, 12:14
I also managed to get mario kart 64 to load with Daedalus (if you hit Ltrigger + Rtrigger + start, then it loads). Now it's a matter of figuring out the controls as well.....heh

nanook2k3
March 24th, 2007, 21:10
So I've gotten everything I mentioned up and running (except for the official demos....no clue why they're not working.....their icon's come up fine - no corrupted icons or anything)

Thanks for your help!