PDA

View Full Version : new game

ganon
May 5th, 2005, 02:34
ok I got ridge racer which i like and metal gear acid which i dont play
I was thinknig of getting a new game and had darkstalkers in mind but read an ign review saying the control sucked. Can someone confirm this or tell me which game I should get

AlexB123
May 5th, 2005, 03:18
Darkstalkers is sorta lame. I haven't played it for more then 30 min but it had loading and chopiness.
I say go with Untold Legends if you like RPG goodness (But it has some downsides as well.)
NBA Street is also a cool game if you are looking for that sports game fix.

ganon
May 5th, 2005, 03:24
no sports gane yet please
whats the downsider of untold legends its not turn based like meat gear acid is it

AlexB123
May 5th, 2005, 03:51
Hehe no its not turn based. The downside is that the game is not for everyone. If you liked the Baldurs Gate type console games then you will like this. Otherwise its just a glorified hack n slash with story and items mixed in. I really liked it and playing with friends made it a blast. I would say the game scores an 8.5 out of 10 on my scale, but IGN has a really good review of it as well.
As always, you can try renting the game and if you like it, just buy it. Otherwise you throw away $5 instead of $50.

ganon
May 5th, 2005, 04:00
well I live in uk so renting is impossible hmm but im still not sure will look for other reviews.
Gamefaqs users gace darkstalers very good reviews whisl untold legends got average

Onetonbullet
May 5th, 2005, 05:39
Untold legends is really good.......Wipout is good........Otherwise, save up for a huge memory stick duo.

AlexB123
May 5th, 2005, 08:20
Yep One, I agree. I was going to suggest Wipout but he already has a racer. I'm glad you agree with me on the Untold Legends game. I think its the third best psp game so far (next to Twisted Metal and Wipeout, hehe.)

Corpsical
May 5th, 2005, 09:01
Another vote for Untold Legends, would compare it more to Diablo than Baldurs Gate though (role playing isnt so strong in Untold more a hack and slash ... but lots of fun).

Corpsical

ganon
May 5th, 2005, 12:44
hmm how long is the gameplay is there replay value

psplover
May 5th, 2005, 13:52
I'd highly dissagree with them on untold.
First off everytime you pick up items it has to load so there is slighty delays all the time. Second the graphics are nothing great. The game plays the same stell engine of Diablo and those types of engines. If you really like Diablo or Balderes gate/IceWindell. Then you will like this if not stay far away.

I'd recomend if you have money to waste getting Bleach. It doesnt have enough characters but the gameplay is fantastic and is just like naruto for ps2.

ganon
May 5th, 2005, 17:38
got ne links please

psplover
May 6th, 2005, 00:34
Yeah let me get you one real quick.

psplover
May 6th, 2005, 00:38
Here's a review at IGN(though I think ign normally sucks it can point out in depth some features)http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-26-29-aHR0cDovL3BzcC5pZ24uY29tL29iamVjdHMvNzE0LzcxNDQ5NC 5odG1sP3VpPWdhbWVmaW5kZXI.html

Here's the preview video of it http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-26-29-aHR0cDovL3d3dy5wbGF5c3RhdGlvbi5qcC9jaC9wdi9hc3gvcH ZfYmxlYWNoLmFzeA.html

heres the jap site http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-26-29-aHR0cDovL3d3dy5wbGF5c3RhdGlvbi5qcC9zY2VqL3RpdGxlL2 JsZWFjaC9wc3AwMS5odG1s.html

ganon
May 6th, 2005, 03:02
thanks man but I never watched the anime so i might not get this

Vimes220
May 6th, 2005, 16:14
well i ordered legends, (guess what, i'm waiting for it in the post arrrggghhhhhh not again :) ), And I really like Diablo style games so am really looking forward to getting it now!!!!

ganon
May 6th, 2005, 16:42
ne 1 got darkstalkers?

gtekman
May 7th, 2005, 00:34
hmm how long is the gameplay is there replay value

Gameplay lasts long. There are 4 characters so each one is diffrent. I think it is a great game, it was my first purchase and I am still playing everyday. Also it is fun if you do co-op with a friend because you can just continue your story where you were at on single player, or you can both start a new one for co-op. My ratings:
Controlls: 7.5 (Using the analog stick sometimes gets your thumb cramped and you can only use 2 magic powers at a time

Graphics: 8 Great graphics, everything is smooth and no places where the landscape gets fuzzy or anything.

Gameplay: 9 Fun hack-n-slash game. Great when you are frusterated and wanna kill someone.... :eek: Great to come back to, you can also restart the story with your character and it will remain at the same level.

Overall: 8 Great game

ganon
May 7th, 2005, 02:49
thanks for the review