PDA

View Full Version : Help so I do not destroy my psp

Sonicboy 101
March 23rd, 2007, 19:10
Hi, I know that I have to take apart my psp to fix the d-pad, but how exactly do I do this? This is my first time at taking apart my psp, and I don't want to screw it up. Can anyone please give me a step by step guide on doing this?

acn010
March 23rd, 2007, 19:12
to fix your d-pad? what happened?

Sonicboy 101
March 23rd, 2007, 19:17
Well, quite recently, the right button on my d-pad has become hard to use. I have to push really hard on it to make it work. I have heard that taking the button out and then back in will sort the problem.

acn010
March 23rd, 2007, 19:23
ok
1.- take out the battery
2.turn it on to make sure no electrical energy is flowing on the system, (if touch, it may shock you and may burn your psp)
3.- you see the black screws? take them off (warrenty sticker must be off too, and the screws are black... dont take out the silver ones because that holds the foundation of the psp )
4 take out the silver screw from the section on the below the screen (make sure you put all your screws in a safe place)
5.-take the face plate off
-end- ^.^

Sonicboy 101
March 23rd, 2007, 19:33
OK, Question time.
1. When you said black screws, did you mean the ones located at the top of the psp or the back (near the memory stick)?
2. By warranty sticker do you mean the bar code sticker at the bottom?
3. When I turn on without battery, nothing should happen, right?

acn010
March 23rd, 2007, 19:39
answer for #1: theres four black screws in total. on the back, 2 on the left and 2 on the battery compartment.
answer for #2: the warrenty sticker is in the battery compartment where the charging slot is located at
answer for #3: yeah no electricity will flow when off