PDA

View Full Version : Last.FM on PSPRadio?

raid517
March 24th, 2007, 14:38
Hi I just thought I'd let you guys know, I finally got Last.FM working on my PSP. I used an app called PSPRadio (the latest build) and also an app called LastFM Proxy. I took the lastFM.m3u that Last.FM Proxy creates and edited it to point to LastFM proxy on My PC (replacing localhost with my PC's IP address). I then put this in the playlist folder of this app, ran LastFM proxy, opened a web browser at the last FM proxy page http://192.168.1.xxx:1881 . Then I opened LastFM.m3u in PSP radio in the playlist directory - and bingo, it worked!

The song title and playlist item are all correctly displayed, and you can skip to the next song by simply pressing stop and then start (which is pretty much the way it works in Last.FM anyway).

There is no love or ban yet obviously - and there seems to be a slight problem with buffering after one or two songs (not sure what causes that) but I think it would be the coolest thing since cream cheese if somehow this could be officially worked on and improved.

I have been desperately trying to contact the PSPRadio developer over these last few days and have been prepared to practically go on my knees and plead with him to try to get some kind of official support worked into this uber cool app. (I am not a developer, so am probably just a lowly slug in the whole scheme of things) however the developer of this application is a horribly difficult person to track down. His forum won't allow me to register (it never sends a confirmation email no matter what email address/domain I use) and he has no email address listed anywhere on the Web that I can find.

Anyway for those who know what Last.FM is, you will appreciate how potentially cool this is, for those who don't, well all I can say is you have no idea what you are missing.

If you love music Last.FM (and Pandora Radio) are probably the top two music discovery services on the entire Internet bar none.

To have this reliably running on the PSP would rock the planet like no other homebrew app yet (well except maybe Pimp Streamer).

Anyway if anybody wants to try this and see if maybe my connection is just ****ty (hence the buffering issues) or if anybody knows how to get a hold of Raf (the PSPradio developer) and tell him about this result and ask him if he might be willing to support it (LastFM proxy could probably do with a bit of cleaning up as it hasn't been updated in a while) then please please do so.

You cannot seriously love music or radio I think, and not love Last.FM or Pandora (or both). Providing the RIAA don't get their way and close them down before they get a chance to truly flourish, Last.FM and Pandora are literally a model for the way all radio will probably be delivered over the next 20 years or more.

xplizit
April 4th, 2007, 02:20
marked for later