PDA

View Full Version : Sorting PSP fat32 File Order

skulkk
March 24th, 2007, 15:50
Am I missing something obvious, but all the game list order software (that you run from pc to organise the order of the list under game\memory card on psp eg pspappman) seems to only support fat16. I have 3.10 OE-A, whic seems to have formatted my 4 gb memory cards as fat32. Any ideas how i can re-organies this file list. I have already tried renaming the folders with numbers, so they appear in the order i want on my psp, but it seems to just keep em in the same order, i have also tried re copying the files back onto the psp in order i want them to appear - neither works. I've tried searching the forum, but not found anything, Help please. Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on this.

Found a Solution if anyone else is having difficulties- move all folders from game150 to game using your pc, run psappman, reorganise games in list and aply, now move all the folders back from game to game150, and unplug psp from pc. Hopefully (mine were) your games will be in the order you chose.

Camelot
March 25th, 2007, 16:16
I would format your 4 gig to fat16 instead of fat32 if I were you. It runs much faster then fat32

Khorney
March 25th, 2007, 16:43
i don't think FAT16 can support 4gb's, either that or thats as much as it can take. also, i don't think FAT16 is good with large files, IIRC though, i don't that'd be anything that has been made for the PSP thus far

Camelot
March 25th, 2007, 17:27
Xp was givin combatablity to format up to 4 gig to fat16 or fat. Its been tested and confirmed that 4 gig memory cards work much faster with fat16.