PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Disk Game Save Transfers

kakyouin
March 25th, 2007, 08:22
Hello,

I'm interested in playing some of my multi-disk games (Star Ocean: Second Story in particular) on the PSP using Popstation, but I'd like to make certain that my save file will be accepted once I get to the second disk.
Anyone know a sure-fire way to do this? (i.e., give them the same save file name?).

Similarly, anyone successful in using Suikoden save data in Suikoden 2 on their PSP?

Thanks!!!

weirdelf
March 25th, 2007, 12:30
Use cwcheat. It implements a savestate at the end of one disk.

krazykarl
March 25th, 2007, 15:57
Yea, use cscheat to import/export your memory card then swap the disks on your computer using an emulator.

I've found this tutorial that helped me.
http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/about73093.html

Dark_Helmet
April 12th, 2007, 07:25
Well I've hit a wall here. I'm playing Star Ocean 2 and I used that tutorial to get to the second disk. I moved onto the second disk with my emulator on my computer . The second disk shows up as SCUS_994422 so that's what I changed the name of the .mcr file to. The I go through the whole importing that file, I use the memory card business and get an OK at the end like everything should be good. So when I start the second disk and go to load it shows me No Star Ocean 2 data found. Can anyone tell me how to get this saved data to work?

bubxkenn
April 22nd, 2007, 05:18
Similarly, anyone successful in using Suikoden save data in Suikoden 2 on their PSP?

By some strange fluke of the 3.40 OE-A Firmware I was able to access my Suikoden 1 data to load for Suikoden 2.

The new firmware converts your pre-3.40 saves (*.dat) to a new format (*.vmp).

1. Flashed to the 3.40 OE-A Firmware.
2. Loaded Suikoden 1 with old save data.
3. Converted Suikoden 1 Pre-3.40 save data to new .VMP format.
4. Copied the new Suikoden 1 .VMP files to Suikoden 2 SaveGame directory.
5. Loaded Suikoden 2.
6. Game did not ask for the Suikoden 2 files to be converted to the new format because of #4, it recognized that there were *.VMP files and kept on going with loading.
7. Started a new game and loaded Suikoden 1 data.