PDA

View Full Version : usbhost joypad redirection on firmware 3.10oe A2 (or any OE for that matter)

Khorney
March 25th, 2007, 12:33
to break it down for you, i'e tried basically every single combination of IrShell and various Usbhost prx's to try and get this to work

what i'm trying todo is play syphon filter (UMD, so no piracy) on 3.10 OE A2 with my PC joypad connected.

i first tried loading up Irshell 3.1 for 2.71, but the gamepad didn't seem to do anything despite apparently being connected, but i appriaciated the hen-D functionally added in 3.03 C isn't 100% yet

i then went on a massive wild goose chase of trying to run IrShell 1.5 (which worked fine with the gamepad in IrShell, but syphon filter requires a higher firmware) with 2.71 running on devhook, but every single combination of running and settings did not work

i then tryed various .prx's (SCEP, usb mod v4, and some other one that automatically activates usbhost on powerup, not sure how that works..)
which all worked to an extent, as in i could access my pc's harddrive, yet the redirection feature had not yet been implemented evidently.

i then found what seemed to be a patched usbhost.prx (which came with the last plugin i mentioned out of the three above) which wasn't designed for IrShell, but i shoved it in the BIN folder nonetheless overwriting the original one (i have a backup of it of course) which now connects in both the 2.71 and 1.50 IrShells(IE, the usb sound pings on the computer, and the USBhost dialogue box says device connected), but then the psp comes up with an unable to connect to usb host dialogue box and then i'm back to square one. i'm yet to replace the usbhost.prx in the irshell BIN folder with the original yet.

basically, what i'm asking is, is there a plugin that would enable usbhost controller redirection off the bat, and if not, how hard would it be to mod an existing one without having to learn a programming language? since i seems the only difference is an option i enable in IrShell that makes the difference, so maybe theres a routine or command or whatever i can copy over from one of the IrShell files that would allow me to use my PC gamepad would be greatly appriaciated, as the only other option i can think of is downgrading to 2.71SE-C, which clearly isnt a viable option
either that or a way to get IrShell 2.71 to function fully on 3.10OE, but i know the author has since abandoned the project

thanks in advance for any assistance

Gene
March 25th, 2007, 15:02
Isn't there an Irshell 3.0 version?

Khorney
March 25th, 2007, 16:06
i think thats just Irshell version 3.0 (3.1 being the latest now) rather than IrShell for version 3.0

Khorney
March 26th, 2007, 13:40
i found this:
http://svn.ps2dev.org/filedetails.php?repname=psp&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fpsplink%2Ftools%2Fremotejoy%2FREAD ME&rev=1952&sc=1

which appears to be a part of this:
http://dl.qj.net/TyRaNiD-s-PSPLink-v2.0-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/9402/catid/151

however, i'm not sure how to get the remotejoy.prx to function at all, would any technically minded chaps be able to assist here?

EDIT: i release the article refers to linux, what about a wndows functionality?