PDA

View Full Version : .at3 file question

coo
March 26th, 2007, 02:11
hi,

i riped the music file "VROCK.AT3" from my gta: vcs umd. is there any way the .at3 file can be converted to a .mp3 or .wma file? i have the atrac3 codec installed, but goldwave won't recognise it as a supported audio file. :mad:

please help!

thanks,

coo

Chameleon
March 26th, 2007, 05:27
did you try renaming it with a wav extension before converting to an mp3?

bah
March 26th, 2007, 09:03
I'm unable to convert the audio from VCS or even play it back on my pc also. Changing the extension to wav didn't help.

I have the atrac3 codec installed, but dont know where to find an atrac3+ one.

Anyone have any ideas?

b8a
March 26th, 2007, 09:39
It's been a while since I did any hard research on the atrac format, but from what you've posted, I think I see what your problem is: The files that the Windows atrac plug-ins deal with are "just" wav's wrapped in atrac data. They can neither encode nor decode "real" AT3 files. All of the software that I'm aware of that are capable of reading "real" AT3 files are only available via very expensive professional level application packages.

bah
March 26th, 2007, 10:07
Well that certainly sucks, cheers for the info.

I wonder if it would be possible for a homebrew app on the PSP to decode the files from the UMD and dump a wav onto the memory stick.

I guess it would have a rather limited number of users but it sure would be handy, I love the ads on the GTA radio stations.

jamotto
March 26th, 2007, 10:26
Try Marc's Hi-MD Renderer to convert .AT3 files to Wav, MP3, Ogg Vorbis or FLAC. If I remeber correctly you will also need a copy of sony's sonicstage.

ganon
April 4th, 2007, 18:02
any1 get it working?

ganon
April 6th, 2007, 17:44
Well I got it working on that same day I posted and jamotto idea worked. I installed sonicstage and then used Marc's Hi-MD Renderer.
Or you could try at3playertowav. All you do is play the file with x and wile its playing it converts in realtime into wav! let the music finish and it will have converted. Then use goldawave or any conveter to change wav to mp3

bah
April 7th, 2007, 15:17
Anyone got a link to sonicstage that works outside of the USA, or a workaround for connect.com?

ganon
April 13th, 2007, 17:23
coo did u get it working?

coo
April 19th, 2007, 18:32
sorry for the bump, but it said, "unknown error" when i tried to convert the file.

i'll try a few more ideas soon, but for now, i'm going to put it aside for later

shibikku95
April 19th, 2007, 21:34
hi i upgrade my psp to 3.30 oe-a and i customize my icon also but didnt like the icon cuz didnt play psx games...so i used the recovery pack and i tried to dongrade to 1.50 and went to the press x button to start downgrade so i pressed the x button it was loading fine until went to blank sceen. i waited nothing going on so i hold and turn it off the psp so i could go back again to recovery mode, but when i turn on the psp it wont even go to recovery mode anymore. the xmb not even loading and the screen is blank that you dont even see a screen light on the corner...

HAMMIEZ
April 20th, 2007, 16:38
hi i upgrade my psp to 3.30 oe-a and i customize my icon also but didnt like the icon cuz didnt play psx games...so i used the recovery pack and i tried to dongrade to 1.50 and went to the press x button to start downgrade so i pressed the x button it was loading fine until went to blank sceen. i waited nothing going on so i hold and turn it off the psp so i could go back again to recovery mode, but when i turn on the psp it wont even go to recovery mode anymore. the xmb not even loading and the screen is blank that you dont even see a screen light on the corner...

dont post unrelated questions. and yes that is a brick