PDA

View Full Version : got some questions for ya!!!

kirby001
March 26th, 2007, 07:18
1. once i downgrade my psp to 1.5, i know there is a custom firmware, should i get this firmware? will it allow me to play those patched games? will i be able to run all my homebrew on the firmware?

2. once downgraded, how i need to flash my psp or what? like do i just put my little psp app in the memory card and hit play, or do i need a loader or something

3. lets say i have a blank card, what should i initially put onto my card, keep in mind question two please.
Also, there are several emulators for nes,snes,gba,n64, please list the best emulator in those catagories for each one.

thanks alot if those questions are answered it would mean alot to me

Chameleon
March 26th, 2007, 07:24
1. get 3.10OE its worth it trust me, you can do anything, more than on 1.5 ( and yes all homebrew)

2.Just like homebrew you load the flasher and drop the file you want to flash either in the psp root of the memory stick or the specified flasher folder... look at the applications readme before anything.

3.nes- nester j
snes- snes YTL
gba- gpsp
n64- daedalus r9

kirby001
March 26th, 2007, 08:04
thanks for your responses.

now about question number 2, So once i have the custom firmware on my psp, I would simply put a flasher that woudl enable me to run applications through it. Like i could put all my homebrew apps in this flash folder and then just click on the one i wanted. and what flasher would you recommend to load my apps through

Chameleon
March 26th, 2007, 08:12
No, a flasher is an application that can change the style of the main menu... i reccomend not using it or it could ruin your psp if you dont know what your doing...

for homebrew what you must do is put it in the GAME folder on your memory stick(each emulator has a seperate folder)
for example if you were to have the snes emulator
it would be positioned like this:
root/PSP/GAME/(your homebrew here)

bah
March 26th, 2007, 08:54
I think he's confusing modifying the PSP's internal memory (flashing) by downgrading etc with the process of copying homebrew to the PSP's memory stick.

To install homebrew on a PSP, all you need to do is connect your PSP to your PC with a USB cable, put the PSP in USB mode then copy the files over to the right place on the memory stick.

Homebrew is all stored on the memory stick, the only time you will need to do any flashing (writing to the PSP's internal flash memory where the firmware is installed) is when you downgrade or update to a different firmware (official or custom).

Writing to the internal flash carries a small risk if you dont know what you're doing, I agree with Chameleon that you shouldn't mess with 'customization' tools that do modify the internal memory until you are more familiar with the PSP.

h4s30
March 27th, 2007, 03:26
yeah you only flash when you're upgrading and changing the xmb stuff i think but its best to read the readme if anything cause it tells you how to do stuff

kirby001
March 27th, 2007, 07:04
ok now i got some more questions

4. whats the benefit of flashing the psps so i can have that fancy 3.0ea or whatever firmware. compared to not flashing the firmware and sticking with the legit 3.03 firmware. like will all homebrew work, specifically, homebrew apps, emulators: EG GBA, SNES, NES

5. Is there neway to set it so your psp will boot into the menu instead of loading the game every time u turn it on, i've looked into the system menu's and can't seem to find it, i know this question doesn't really have to do with homebrew, but thanks for the answer

thanks

Gene
March 27th, 2007, 07:26
ok now i got some more questions

4. whats the benefit of flashing the psps so i can have that fancy 3.0ea or whatever firmware. compared to not flashing the firmware and sticking with the legit 3.03 firmware. like will all homebrew work, specifically, homebrew apps, emulators: EG GBA, SNES, NES

5. Is there neway to set it so your psp will boot into the menu instead of loading the game every time u turn it on, i've looked into the system menu's and can't seem to find it, i know this question doesn't really have to do with homebrew, but thanks for the answer

thanks

4. No, sony's official firware is a bunch of useless garbage. It won't allow the use of any emulators or homebrew, so i suggest you downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to custom 3.03OE-C , IMO the Best, custom or not, firmware for the psp, as of this time.

5. Yes. Custom firmware has a setting that skips the umd boot and goes strait into the xmb instead of loading your game.

kirby001
March 27th, 2007, 08:03
thanks thats alot of help, i'll post some more questions as they come

kirby001
March 28th, 2007, 02:56
i got another question

6. Is there a way to put your homebrew in custom folders? like so when u go to game to run homebrew, u can cycle through folders rather than each individual file

kirby001
March 28th, 2007, 03:33
7. got another question, When u put a game file into your psp system, you should have it under psp/game or psp/game150?

8. another one is, do i need to put the file with the % sign in the psp/game folder or can i just put on in. thanks

Chameleon
March 28th, 2007, 04:31
6. nope

7. however its more convenient for you but no matter what you need 1.50 kernel to run homebrew,
GAME150 always accesses the 1.50 kernel
GAME you can select 1.50 or 3.03 kernel

8.You do in fact need the % folder, but their is a converter to where you dont need the % folder
(sei psp tool)

kirby001
March 28th, 2007, 04:40
thx

kirby001
March 28th, 2007, 05:24
oh boy the questions just keep on coming

9. so everything is working great got cf 3.10e-a, emulators, couple games, its great, but in my xmb when i go into my memory card there is some curropted data that is very annoying casue i always have to cycle through it, how do i get rid of this? thx

Chameleon
March 28th, 2007, 06:36
go to recovery mode(right trigger on reboot)
configuration->
enable hide corrupt icons :)

kirby001
March 28th, 2007, 06:55
thanks your a life saver

kirby001
March 28th, 2007, 07:01
hmmm, i did that configuration thing to hide the corrupt data but there is still corrupt data icons in my xmb, can neone help?

Chameleon
March 28th, 2007, 07:01
corrupt icons where, in the game section ...photos....music?

kirby001
March 29th, 2007, 03:09
ignore those corruption things, i fixed them. got another question

11. i think its number 11....neways, now i was wondering if i should change the processor speed to 333mhz for the umd and xmb, would it be better? and if i do would it effect my games at all? thx

Chameleon
March 29th, 2007, 04:33
11. yeah it makes things go way faster...the worst that could happen(which is rare) is the psp crashes and you have to reboot it.

Gene
March 29th, 2007, 05:51
in xmb i suggest you use 222 mhz because it will save you battery life.