PDA

View Full Version : psp newbie...help

tonyhong
March 27th, 2007, 00:00
I currently have a 3.10 version of PSP ta-82. I updated it with the official psp update. But now i want to install PSP Radio and other homebrew programs. Ive read some threads and it seems like i have to update my psp to 3.10 OE-a.
Can this update allow me to play all of homebrew programs althought it isnt like 1.50?
If so, is there a step by step instruction on how to do this without bricking my psp?

Thanks

hodgy47
March 27th, 2007, 01:25
While your on 3.10 official firmware there isnt much you can do you cant update to any custom firmwares and 3.10 isnt downgradable yet but hang in there cos it wont be long.

Nicko01
March 27th, 2007, 02:31
What you should do is dont update....
and wait....
I was one of the people waiting for the 2.71 downgrader. I never used it though. I just used devhook until i bricked when playing with flashing apps in it. lol.

What you can do is go to www.modchipstore.com and order an Undiluted Platinum, then send it to www.chicagogamewerks.com to get it installed. Total price is $145, no need to wait for a downgrader, it can unbrick your psp if it bricks, you can use Dark Alex's newest custom firmware... et cetera.
Very nice, and worth it.
Or you can have 3.10 OE-A' and official 3.11 at the same time, dual booting.

M!ckeY
March 27th, 2007, 02:36
The modchip would be useless on that PSP since the modchip doesn't support the TA-082 motherboard.

tonyhong
March 27th, 2007, 03:22
Well this sucks...i guess i'll just have to wait....cause i dont wanna risk myself by bricking my psp on purpose and returning it...

Thanks for the info tho:D

h4s30
March 27th, 2007, 03:41
that reminds me i need a rant

if there's a -rep you'd get one cause you reminded me of unpleasant memories

how old do you have to be to go see R rated movies and buy M rated games???

Chameleon
March 27th, 2007, 05:03
17 for movies... games as well i believe

M!ckeY
March 27th, 2007, 08:31
Depends where he lives I guess...but for the US, it is 17 for both, well at least in my state. ;)