PDA

View Full Version : MR Driller 1.0

Wally
March 27th, 2007, 01:35
Hi Guys,

Porting this game was fun, and it proves that anyone can port games with little experience.

The Idea of Mr Driller is to get to 1000 meters with limited air and falling blocks.

This is an inital release, there will be fixes along the way.

Controls:

D-pad to move
X to Drill

Known issues:
Pressing up will pause game

To Add:
Techno Music
Other stuff

Cheerio

Wally

Credits:
Original Author, Drill2x Team

Zion
March 27th, 2007, 01:45
nice one wally :) i knew you could do it ;)

someone give this man his psp coder status stat! :)

DarthPaul
March 27th, 2007, 01:51
Nice Wally. Good Job. Congratulations.

HardHat
March 27th, 2007, 01:54
Good work. Do you have any screenshots?

Wally
March 27th, 2007, 02:03
not at the moment :)

I will include one with next release

IM back!
March 27th, 2007, 02:14
very good. congrads to first port!

gunntims0103
March 27th, 2007, 02:58
great stuff wally :)

fenrir911
March 27th, 2007, 03:03
this is an exact copy of ms driller just with different sprites. thanks for the sprites

Buddy4point0
March 27th, 2007, 03:18
awsome man thanks!

Goemon4
March 27th, 2007, 03:55
thanks for the nice release, Great Job!

(this has to be one of my fave arcade puzzle games! thanks!)

Wally
March 27th, 2007, 06:07
this is an exact copy of ms driller just with different sprites. thanks for the sprites

No it has been partially recoded somehow :/ in the GP2x world.
The other one kept freezing on me when i ported it as i painfully remember. This version does not (could be the toolchain or something but still. also there are different sounds so thats evident that i have not touched the other PSP game (which is not released as open source.

No wonder coders get so frustrated... I would NEVER take advantage of another persons work to claim credit (Daedalus Spiff UP is only GFX work and purely is only to fill in the wait between Daedalus Builds, like the frameskip release. (If the author could contact me, i would be gratified to put the Frameskip version into Spiff up until R10) so fenrir911 dont push your luck

Thanks to a for your comments.

Cap'n 1time
March 27th, 2007, 07:04
People that make comments like that dont know any better. They may learn over time. In my forums they will learn not to act like jackasses or they simply wont use them. Remember who carries the hammer eh?

Given it's a port you could in fact take that as a compliment... your port of another homebrew program looks just like a commercial game. Well done! Might we see some more interesting stuff from you in the future?

MonkeyBoy1916
March 27th, 2007, 08:26
Another person already did make this game for PSP, as to whats different in this version I dont know since I dont have time to try it, this is the 1st Ms Driller for PSP, made over a year ago:

http://dl.img.qj.net/uploads/files_module/screenshots/842_msdriller.png

http://dl.qj.net/Ms-Driller-PSP-Homebrew-Games/pg/12/fid/842/catid/195

neutrOpik
March 27th, 2007, 14:23
Wow excellent clone Wally.. tank's for this Up!

regard's

aries2k4
March 27th, 2007, 14:47
Nice job Wally. Keep´em coming if you can.

Briggzy11
March 27th, 2007, 17:14
Good work dude, coder status would be good for you Wally :)

Just make some changes to the game if you can for that status, porting is coding but not too much :)

Take care buddy

weirdelf
March 27th, 2007, 20:49
Why aren't you already a 'PSP Coder'?

CSPERFECTGT
March 27th, 2007, 21:33
good job,funny game

fenrir911
March 27th, 2007, 21:57
No it has been partially recoded somehow :/ in the GP2x world.
The other one kept freezing on me when i ported it as i painfully remember. This version does not (could be the toolchain or something but still. also there are different sounds so thats evident that i have not touched the other PSP game (which is not released as open source.

No wonder coders get so frustrated... I would NEVER take advantage of another persons work to claim credit (Daedalus Spiff UP is only GFX work and purely is only to fill in the wait between Daedalus Builds, like the frameskip release. (If the author could contact me, i would be gratified to put the Frameskip version into Spiff up until R10) so fenrir911 dont push your luck

Thanks to a for your comments.

kk, sorry for the misunderstanding, its just... it looked so familiar, i was like.... this plays just like the old one i have. sorry again for the misunderstanding

fenrir911
March 27th, 2007, 22:00
oh and i didnt mean to sound like a jackass or anything like capn over their said, oh and i like daedalus wally. dont know why you stopped though, (if i recall it had something to do with the source not being released) but im glad that you recoded some of it.

edd
March 27th, 2007, 22:59
beersleep is the author of the modifications of the original port (GP2X)

and i'm the author of the new gfx

http://yaronet.com/posts.php?s=92409

So basically, It is based on the same as http://dl.qj.net/Ms-Driller-PSP-Homebrew-Games/pg/12/fid/842/catid/195 , plus more fix.

Good to see it on PSP (some people have PSP? lol)

Wally
March 28th, 2007, 00:34
Well I thought so.

Fenrir911: Thats ok, as long as you understand. Who says i have stopped spiffing up Daedalus?? :O

edd: Thanks for stepping in, yes some people do have a PSP :P. I was sure it had some fixes in hence explaining the reason it didn't crash without the kernel code.

wolfpack
March 28th, 2007, 01:04
some fun stuff

fenrir911
March 28th, 2007, 14:03
thanks for this, and i did notice a little change in the system, in the old one their was a delay when i click the buttons but in this one their isnt, oh yeah and it hast crashed on me yet. thanks for the update