PDA

View Full Version : questions about psp emu

sabrigami
March 27th, 2007, 04:16
k i've read a little about psp emulation but there are some things i don't get. i've read that you need gta liberty city stories is it true and why? is it necessary for the whole process or just downgrading and is there ways to do it without that game? and what do i need to play these snes games

super mario rpg
kirby superstar
secret of evermore
secret of mana

i'm not asking where to download them or anything just want to know what i need to play them. will any snes roms work? and any other info i might need will be great. sorry for all the noob questions:p

Chameleon
March 27th, 2007, 04:32
what firmware do you have?

sabrigami
March 28th, 2007, 02:45
3.10 or the the one the newest downgrader is for, but i can downgrade it (plenty of tuts) but i just want to know theses things. so i know what i need and stuff

redhotchilimando
March 28th, 2007, 04:34
if you have 3.10, you can't downgrade. you have to have 3.03 to downgrade

sabrigami
March 28th, 2007, 05:20
yeah i have 3.03 (forgot for a sec) all i know is i can downgrade. but it don't want to do it if i need another game and stuff, so do i really need gta? and what else do i need to play the above games?

weirdelf
March 28th, 2007, 07:54
You do need an unpatched GTA:LCS to downgrade. You could get a modchip if you can't find GTA.

sabrigami
March 29th, 2007, 03:32
hmm, but after i downgrade do i still need it? and how much does a chip cost?

Chameleon
March 29th, 2007, 04:08
after the downgrade gta is no longer needed... the modchip runs about 70 U.S. dollars

pibs
March 29th, 2007, 04:24
just go rent the GTA game and make sure its the one with the 2.0 update then get an easy 3.03 downgrader it should do it for u without u doing hardly a thing. after that download a custom firmware of ur choice, i use 3.03oe-c since its most customizable. to install all u need is the 1.50 eboot and rename it to 150.pbp and the 3.03 eboot renaming it to 303. place it in the oeupdatemaker% folder and on ur psp run the setup. after that plug it back into ur pc and inside the updatemaker folder there should be a data.dxar, u just copy or drag that into the 303oeflasher folder the one without the % and unplug psp, and install from the psp. after that u should have a custom firmware.

next download Snes9x TYL me v0.3
drag it into ur psp game folder by the way u can delete all the stuff u installed after its installed.

snes9x should have a roms folder and u just place there and execute it on ur psp and load and set the proper speed in the configurations and ur done u can play ur snes games

for genesis use DGEN emulator.

hope i helped a bit if u dont understand or need more help just private message me and ill help u as soon as possible

sabrigami
March 30th, 2007, 01:16
cool thanks, i never thought about renting it

sabrigami
March 31st, 2007, 23:00
do i need to download the custom firmware too? and if so where do i download them? or can i just use the emulator without?