PDA

View Full Version : Bethesda: "Some will like Fallout 3, some will hate it"

wraggster
March 27th, 2007, 16:36
"Some people will like it, some people will hate it. Some people already like it or hate it, and they don't even know what we're doing yet!", Bethesda's Pete Hines has said of reception to Fallout 3.

It's the RPG follow-up that's been long looked-for by the series seriously hardcore fanbase, a fanbase that the developer has to face and one that's highly dubious about what Bethesda will produce.

Hines recently told PC Zone, "not everybody is going to agree with the game we're making: it's a solid-gold lock... some folks just aren't going to give it a chance out of the box".

Still, he was keen to indicate how dedicated the developer is to the Fallout series.

"We're all big Fallout fans", he explained, adding that the Bethesda team has played Fallout and Fallout 2 and "the non-RPG ones". I mean, I play Fallout Tactics, I played Brotherhood of Steel because I felt I had to give it a look. And I was sorry I did so.

"We feel that we're doing Fallout 3 having done one and two, even thought we didn't", Hines continued. Much like The Elder Scrolls, we look at what worked, we look at what didn't; we look at where we want to take it, how to move it forward and keep it relevant."

He added, "But we also want to stay true to the stuff people remember and took to heart in Fallout, which were the kinds of quests you did, the choices that were laid before you, the way the game would play differently depending on how you were role-playing and the setting... That sort of stuff."

You can read more words from Bethesda's Pete Hines on Fallout 3 in issue #180 of PC Zone magazine, which goes on sale on Thursday, 29th March.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=160778)