PDA

View Full Version : Open up the PSP?

hirolau
March 29th, 2007, 16:59
F**k. I had my psp iside my jacket and i dropped it. It was inside the jacket, and inside a case.

But of course it fell on the head phone plug, it was pushed a few millimeters inside the psp, and I just touched it and it poped back.

But now i can only hear sound with the headphones, not from the speakers on the psp. And i only hear sound from the right speaker.

Now here is my question. Should i live with it? Only music in one ear? Or should i try open it up and fix it. Is it hard? I have opend up other cosoles and fixed them but never a handheld, they are so small? Will I be able to open it without destroing anything?

ExcruciationX
March 29th, 2007, 17:34
Er...

I say fix it.

Triv1um
March 29th, 2007, 17:59
If you do it carefuly you can easly open a psp up with out damaging anything.

It will void warranty though.

fenrir911
March 30th, 2007, 01:57
i open up my psp every month to clean the lcd, dont know how you would fix a problem with the speaker though. i geuss you could try though.

wolfpack
March 30th, 2007, 02:08
wow youve got a toughie, you might as well open it, itll void the warrenty because theres a screw hidden under one of the stickers where the battery is supposed to be. its the sticker that says something like "if this seal is damaged, then void warrenty" its the smaller sticker under the very big sticker

SSaxdude
March 30th, 2007, 03:10
I wouldn't risk it unless you really knew what you are doing.

PSPdemon
March 30th, 2007, 03:57
replacing speakers isnt a biggie, the plugs that connect to the mobo, i always have trouble with them :p but none the less easy to deal with...

if you think your up to it, i would say go for it :)

edit: just make sure you keep a map of the screws locations.....there are many....many...screws ( i have one left over from replacing a umd drive....and i have no idea where it goes.....lol ) also remember how the ribons use to go back in :) .... also, for safty reasons, use non static gloves to not accidently fry somthing ( if that is even possible...... )

sorry if im bolding this.......but it is a important thing to know :)

Chameleon
March 30th, 2007, 04:06
just get one of those speaker add-ons for the psp and see how well that works

Diplomat223
April 3rd, 2007, 02:07
Try getting it repaired, but DON't open the PSP. Unless you know what your doing, that is your last resort.

Can you still return it?