PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 downgrade - Help

billyclub22
March 30th, 2007, 02:04
I have a 2.71 (non-custom fw), it doesnt have a ta-082 motherboard, and I'm trying to downgrade to 1.5.

I used the downgrader from:
http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-guidethe-ultimate-downgrader-guide-90916.html

After going to PHOTO and hitting Triangle on Slideshow, it keeps freezing a white screen. I powered off and tried again at least 5-6 times. The last time, I unplugged the USB(still leaving the AC cord on) and the reading data icon on the bottom kept on reading for like 10 mins. Is it suppose to take that long or longer??

I hit circle and it came back to the XMB, and still reading the data. Then it froze yet again, so I tried to power it off and it won't power off until I unplugged the A/C (I was at 100% power), hit the power button got back to the XMB.

Tried again. This time I went under photo, and clicked HEND. The screen went blue, then green, the back to XMB. It went black, and the green light kept blinking until I hit the power button again. I got back to the XBM as if nothing happened. I'm afraid if I try it again its gonna brick. Any other downgraders I can use?
Thanks

flyer
March 30th, 2007, 02:38
Ok i say better go with the 3.03 downgrader tried it on 7 psp no bricks i a sure you but if you dont got the unpatched gta well do this one its easy just take your batery out of your psp and then start the process try until you get the green screen then you under game and use the downgrader hope it works or helps

billyclub22
March 30th, 2007, 02:59
Before I use a 3.03 downgrader, I need a 3.03 update first. Thing is, I tried upgrading from 2,71 to 3.03 once before, and it didn't work. The first time I tried, I was at 1.5, I put the 3.03 OE files on my PSP, and two of the four icons said Corrupted Data. The Installer and Update Maker icons where there, and when I clicked on them they would goto a white flash, then the PSP shut off and had to power it back on manually.

The second time I tried updating 2.71 to 3.03, the 3.03 update icon came up on my memory card, and after running the 303_update.exe, the PSP rebooted but then I got something like "The update could not be started. The data is corrupted.(UKN900000001)". I formatted the card, and tried again. Same thing. I got the update file from Calohacks and followed all instructions.

I dont know if I was using the right 3.03 update or not. I tried to get the update from Sony's website but they made it a friggin PIA to get it. So were do I go from here? Is it a bad update dump or is there something else I need to go from 2.71 to 3.03?

BTW I have the unpatched GTA LCS 2.0 disc. (read my other post on GTA for a very bizarre experience/occurence I had with the unpatched version that no one has been able to explain: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57925

pt9087
March 30th, 2007, 05:14
Your psp is one of a kind my friend. You need to update to 3.03 Sony firmware... Dowgrade back to 1.5 then get yourself an OE firm. any probs?? msn: [email protected]