PDA

View Full Version : Football Manager 2006 on PSP

wraggster
May 9th, 2005, 19:03
Take Sports Interactive's world renowned football management expertise and combine it with Sony's most coveted handheld and what have you got? That's right, the ultimate in portable footy gaming - Football Manager 2006 PSP.
But now it's no longer a dream or top of the bill on everyone's ultimate footy wish list as SI and publisher Sega have just announced their plans to make Football Manager PSP a reality before the end of this year.

We can't really put it any better than SI itself, so here's the breakdown on what Football Manager 2006 on PSP will feature:

FM 2006 PSP features

Select an active league from a minimum of 6 countries' leagues

Accurate data from the world renowned SI football database

Up to date and accurate competition simulations

Accurate European competitions and world rankings

Complete tactical options to allow a manager to influence a match

Fully modeled transfer market

Every player has an accurate player history

30 players in a squad

Realistic radio style match engine,
commentary and computer manager intelligence

Staff feedback on the current squad via coach and physio reports

Realistically simulated media involvement - including transfer rumors

Agent approaches and dressing room unrest

A full interactive transfer system simulating modern day negotiations, including player loans, signings etc.

Realistically simulated world of football, giving information about transfers, results and injuries involving the big names in football

Football Manager coming to PSP? Well it's something we've wanted to do for some time and I have probably been boring people shitless about how much I love the PSP over the past few months. But now it's announced we're hoping to be out with FM 2006 PSP before Christmas
"We're approaching this version from quite a different angle, as the handheld experience is very different. You'll probably play for 10 minutes in a session rather than the five or six hours for the desktop version.

"SI's Mark Vaughan has been heavily involved and we're trying to take the depth and gameplay from the desktop version and turn it into a coffee table experience. It's got everything from our main game, but you can take it around and play - and it's totally bloody addictive.

"Multiplayer? More will be announced later in the year - I don't want to disappoint the fans by promising anything concrete yet, but we're certainly very excited about the possibilities..."

Sir_Winston
May 9th, 2005, 20:40
portable FM would be insane i had to stop playing the PC version at one point because it was taking over my life

Vimes220
May 9th, 2005, 21:07
so many games, so little money :(

Vimes220
May 9th, 2005, 21:09
portable FM would be insane i had to stop playing the PC version at one point because it was taking over my life

and thats a bad thing because????????

Live your dream!:p

Darth PSP
May 9th, 2005, 22:17
FM 2006 + PSP = Certain divorce!!!! Just as long as I get to keep the PSP and FM 2006, who cares!

Vimes220
May 9th, 2005, 23:44
FM 2006 + PSP = Certain divorce!!!! Just as long as I get to keep the PSP and FM 2006, who cares!
i like your thinking :D

aseddon130
May 10th, 2005, 00:14
no no no no no - thats all we need, a champ manager on the PSP ... ive honestly tried to get into them but i simply can not - however, a few things spring to mind; when have any company ever ported over a PC manager game well to a console? also, can u imagine the load times on it ... and battery usage??? damn!

ganon
May 10th, 2005, 02:43
so many games, so little money :(

I can relate to that