PDA

View Full Version : serious problem with my umd drive

wiredforpower
April 1st, 2007, 00:11
Alright so heres the story, I kept attempting to use GTA Liberty City Stories and nothing came up in the XMB menu it just shows the loading button at the bottom right of the screen. So I went out to my local blockbuster to get Winning Eleven, this didnt work either. I'm a little upset, I think my umd drive is somehow busted. And no, I didnt disable the UMD drive in the recovery menu, 100% sure of that.

Guys, help. I'm too broke to buy another psp :(

acn010
April 1st, 2007, 00:14
move the laser thingy, but make sure do not touch the laser eye, from left to right, and test it, keep on trying till it works.
i have another method but requires to disassemble the psp

wiredforpower
April 1st, 2007, 00:20
move the laser thingy, but make sure do not touch the laser eye, from left to right, and test it, keep on trying till it works.
i have another method but requires to disassemble the psp

I tried moving it left and right. But whats your other method?

acn010
April 1st, 2007, 00:25
take the psp by pieces?
lol
hit it side by side

wiredforpower
April 1st, 2007, 00:28
well, at least now I have a reason to take apart and look at my psp. lol

acn010
April 1st, 2007, 00:46
do you a crackle sound when th psp is reading??

wiredforpower
April 1st, 2007, 00:47
well actually. Does anyone know bestbuy's return policy with psp's? The warranty on mine expired but I didnt break the seal on mine

wiredforpower
April 1st, 2007, 00:48
do you a crackle sound when th psp is reading??

no all I hear is the drive sound spinning, but not the normal other noise of what I assume to be the laser reading the umd

acn010
April 1st, 2007, 00:51
does it? or does it crackle like six very fast time and pause and repeats again

wiredforpower
April 1st, 2007, 00:53
theres no crackle noise at all. Just the drive spinning the umd

Gene
April 1st, 2007, 01:05
Did you read that thread about a guy who got his to work?

First take out any umd that is in your drive.
Then comepletely shut off your psp.
Then boot it up and right as the screen is black, after the SCE logo, pop in the umd.

Try that a few times. It worked for my good friend, so i believe it is a legit solution.
If done correctly you will not have to do it again and your umd's will always load afterwards.

Also back a long time ago my umd drive started acting up as well so all i did was turn on the psp and keep it on untill all battery life was gone. then charged it up and it worked fine. Ao try that if you need to.

wiredforpower
April 1st, 2007, 01:22
Did you read that thread about a guy who got his to work?

First take out any umd that is in your drive.
Then comepletely shut off your psp.
Then boot it up and right as the screen is black, after the SCE logo, pop in the umd.

Try that a few times. It worked for my good friend, so i believe it is a legit solution.
If done correctly you will not have to do it again and your umd's will always load afterwards.

Also back a long time ago my umd drive started acting up as well so all i did was turn on the psp and keep it on untill all battery life was gone. then charged it up and it worked fine. Ao try that if you need to.

ok, I'll try both

Gene
April 1st, 2007, 02:18
Ok, Good luck

mcvader
April 1st, 2007, 08:36
Move the laser to the outside edge, I had the exact same problem the other day.