PDA

View Full Version : Strange brick problem, ds won't turn on

Snypylo
April 1st, 2007, 11:24
My ds was working fine, but suddenly it wouldn't charge or turn on. I just thought that my ds's battery was dead, because the same charger would work on my other ds. So, in my infinite wisdom, i took out my CF supercard and put it in my other ds, with a passme. Now this ds is showing the same symptoms. I have a fairly old version of flashme on one ds, but using A+B+Select+Start didn't do anything, any ideas?

jojotjuh
April 2nd, 2007, 21:06
your fuse might be broken
I had the same problem, try ordering a new fuse (check the amount of amperes needed and stuff)
and replacing it should help, because this has woked for me too...
This is NOT a brick, A brick is when the firmware is deleted and it should charge, because it won't charge, you can see it is hardware and not software -wise

DanTheManMS
April 8th, 2007, 02:15
Like jojotjuh said, the power fuse is broken, so you can either try to replace the fuse, bypass the fuse (not recommended as you'll lose the protection it provided), or return it to Nintendo. You could also try a member at SCdev called "bitblt" who offers fuse replacement services.

Once you get the DS fixed, get the SC CF replaced, or fix it, as it probably has a bent pin that caused the short.