PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Going Online Soon

wraggster
May 10th, 2005, 17:21
Wouldn’t you know it, Nintendo’s finally announced their plans to bring the DS to the wonderful world of the Internet. We’re not entirely sure how “broken” the WiFi is on the Nintendo DS as is, but perhaps partly due to buckling under the pressure of the PSP’s online gameplay features and partly due to, you know, listening to customers, Ninny got IGN to build a gaming network for their first wireless online-enabled title, Animal Crossing DS (due November).

ptr.exe
May 10th, 2005, 17:49
this is a reason to buy a wi-fi adaptor.

As soon as i heard about DS online, and the involvement of Square Enix (apparently they are helping to start online DS like they did with PS2 and PlayOnline) i thought of two games that would be great online; FF and AC.

However im worried that ninty will pawn off AC-DS with crap online functions like trading or sending letters, instead of actually aloowing people to visit other people's towns. Hopefully this wont be the case, but even if it was this game is still gonna rock.

Zaneblade
May 11th, 2005, 20:39
ninty have already said you will be able to visit other peoples towns i think!

ptr.exe
May 14th, 2005, 17:51
cool, although i heard (possibly here) that somehow you will only be able to go to peoples towns that you have met in real life, although how that will work is beyond me unless its just a simple password you need to go to the town then you could just go on forums.
If your town name is used by people as the destination then could only one person have a certain town name eg. only one person could have Hyrule. I'm sure ninty wont do it that way.