PDA

View Full Version : Kosmodrones

Abhoth
April 2nd, 2007, 23:03
I've been working on a homebrew game together with some friends of mine for quite some time now and we are getting very close to a release date. So I thought it was about time to post some screenshots and tell you guys about it.

Kosmodrones is a gravity game in the same genre as the Amiga classics "TurboRaketti" and "Gravity Force". The game has three game modes. In single player race, you control a small spaceship that has to pass a set number of gates placed so that they make up a track. Your race highscores will then be uploadable to http://www.kosmodrones.com so that you can show off your skills.

The other two modes are 2-player race, where you race against a human opponent over adhoc, and 2-player deathmatch, where the goal is to humiliate your PSP-owning buddies by killing them brutally using one of your ships three weapon systems.

We've spent a lot of time making sure we have gotten everything right and hope you'll have as much fun playing it as we currently have during our playtesting sessions. :)

BurningRage
April 2nd, 2007, 23:11
hui, looks and sounds nice. looking forward to the release =)

weirdelf
April 2nd, 2007, 23:19
Looks really cool.

fenrir911
April 2nd, 2007, 23:20
yayy, a new homebrew release... will this see online play?

Abhoth
April 3rd, 2007, 19:04
No, sorry. There won't be online play, only adhoc. I think the game could really benefit from having that, though, as the 2-player deathmatch is the most interesting game mode. Online play would probably make that game mode a lot more accesible.

To be honest, I don't know how hard that would be to implement. If it seems like something I'd be able to pull off I'll try to get that in for an update later on. Until then xlink kai will be the way to go for online battles...