PDA

View Full Version : Checking Memory Stick Reliability?W

jason_ford
April 2nd, 2007, 22:16
After buying a new mem stick, attempting to upgrade to a custom firmware and bricking my psp..I figure that theres a good chance that the mem stick is faulty. Is there any sort of program that can check this? Or maybe just filling it up completely and then clearing it will do some good? Any thoughts? =/

Triv1um
April 2nd, 2007, 23:09
I'm not sure if there are programs for it but.

how old is it?
what make?
are you sure its genuine?
is it magicgate?
does it transfer files fast?
when you turned your psp on with it in, did the free space number come up straight away, or did you get a '-' for a while before?

jason_ford
April 3rd, 2007, 00:13
1. I bought it about a month ago...literally received it in the mail and popped it into the pc..loaded the firmware stuff..and then it bricked.

2. Sandisk Memory Stick Pro Duo 4.0 GB

3. Yes, its Magicgate

4. Haven't tested file transfers (except for the firmware stuff)..I also have a computer thats really old..so no USB 2.0

5. When you power the PSP on it, its just a black screen. So yes, its bricked
Note- It had a previous custom firmware on it, but I can't enter recovery mode

Thanks

Triv1um
April 3rd, 2007, 08:52
Number 5 I ment before the brick but anyway.

It most likely was not the memory sticks fault, what exactly happened when you bricked?

jason_ford
April 3rd, 2007, 21:59
I began updating..it checked the files that you have to make fine..and then it began to update till like 21% and it just froze and locked up.

weirdelf
April 3rd, 2007, 22:44
Wha happens when you turn it on?

jason_ford
April 4th, 2007, 01:19
Just a black screen..and pressing the Right shoulder button doesn't send it to recovery..