PDA

View Full Version : Product Review: Max Media Dock; Supercard Lite Rumble; Supercard Mini

eomund
April 3rd, 2007, 02:05
Well, I've been on an experimentation run the last few weeks with these devices and have found quite a few pros and cons between them.
I'll go from worst to best.

Supercard lite rumble; Truthfully I accidentally ordered this on accident. The device is compact and pretty, but not much else. The fitment in the DS is so tight it's kinda scary putting it in. I would honestly feel more comfortable dropping my DS than putting this back in it. It's alsn compatable with nothing practically. The rumble feature barely works and the 'Rumble for all' is actually really annoying, rumbling at very inapropriate times. My assesment, don't get this you will be wasting you money.

Max Media Dock; This device isn't terrible, but it isn't great either. It's video abilities seem to be higher than the Supercard devices, but it's compatibility with homebrew applications is bleak at best. The main upside to using this is for the media capabilities. and if you strickly use moonshell for this device you can have the app open automatically.

The best for homebrew is definately the Supercard mini. It's as compact as a GBA game cartradge with an extremely handy way of popping out the cards. The media for the device is somewhat expencive, but now that most phones and camera's are switching to this I see the prices coming down in the future. When it comes to compatibility, it's number one. Almost all apps open with no problems. Some require a supercard version of the file, but it seems most people supply one anyways so your good when it comes to that.

These are only devices that I've tested, if anyone else has anything else to add to the list feel free.

eomund
April 7th, 2007, 00:23
New information to add. I found this patcher on this site
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=20280
and it works great for the supercard. Many apps that didn't work before work now.

darkhelmet
May 28th, 2007, 03:57
If you want the best homebrew device, I recommend the M3 Simply, as it is designed for the DS, and I haven't heard of any problems with it. It depends on what you want to run. The supercard (not rumble version) and the M3 Simply have extra RAM to run things like DSLinks web browser and soon QuakeDS. I have a GBAMP and a Superkey and I have had no problems. If you just want things like Beup or DSAIM, get an R4 or similar device. Google has all the answers, including where to get it cheap. R4 and GBAMP are the cheapest as of now, and also have the best compatibility. Most of your answer are in the sickies, and everything else is in google.

acn010
May 28th, 2007, 04:10
SUPER CARD SD is the best... it works so sweet and so handy for me... yet-it looks horrible for my ds lite. purple color cartage(i wish i could change the case) lol

DanTheManMS
May 28th, 2007, 05:18
If you want the best homebrew device, I recommend the M3 Simply, as it is designed for the DS
As opposed to what? Designed for the PSP?

The supercard (not rumble version) and the M3 Simply have extra RAM
The M3 Simply is a slot-1 device with no RAM whatsoever. The M3 Perfect is slot-2 and has RAM.

to run things like DSLinks
*DSLinux

web browser
DSLinux actually has two, one of which (Retawq) being usable in most builds and the other (Links) requiring extra RAM to run.

If you just want things like Beup or DSAIM, get an R4 or similar device
Beup and DSAIM work on nearly all devices, including slot-2 devices. Are they not working on your GBAMP or something?

Not trying to criticize, but your post had so much misleading info that I felt I had to correct it.

eomund
May 30th, 2007, 19:04
I haven't heard of any problems with it

I wanted this thread to be based on personal experiences, good or bad. Not what you've heard or read because that can lead to misinformation. Personal experience may not reflect everyones views on a product, but at the very least lets some one know what someone went through with the product.