PDA

View Full Version : Making N64 Roms Look Better On The PSP

mat_dizzy
April 4th, 2007, 20:29
Hey guys, first off to everyone This Has Nothing To Do With Downloading Or The Location Of Roms - Neither are they supplied here on Dcemu or this thread. I am thinking cause' of the psp's nice widescreen display, n64 games dont look they're best on the psp's screen resoloution, thats why people make the scale smaller. I'm thinking either through Daedalus or the rom, edit the way it displays so it will display more on the screen without stretching the original size? if you get me... Im thinking this could be possible, but surely it would have been thought of? Anyway, thanks for your time!

PLZKLLME0080
April 4th, 2007, 20:38
maybe there is a part of code in the rom, i dont know where, that controls how wide the view is.

Triv1um
April 4th, 2007, 20:50
Well to get it looking the right res, surely some of the top would have to be cut off.

Haisook
April 4th, 2007, 22:57
Nothing can be done without either stretching or cutting off.
N64's games ratio is 4:3 (TV) "more or less square" while PSP's screen is 16:9 (rectangle).

xg917
April 4th, 2007, 23:03
well there is a setting on daedalus R9 - R10 to change the screen ratio to scaled and unscaled. (squared screen form)

Cloudhunter
April 4th, 2007, 23:51
It can't be done in rom editing, it has to be done in Daedalous, if it isn't already there.

Cloudy

dark heart
April 5th, 2007, 12:50
maybe there is a part of code in the rom, i dont know where, that controls how wide the view is.

lol you must be joking!:rofl:
hang on... your serious???