PDA

View Full Version : Halo on iris

max_hempfling
April 4th, 2007, 21:09
as we all know, master chief is now on iris in many different colors....but u could have more than just borin ol master chief... with a little help, i can bring u many more halo characters. like the grunt, the elite, the jackel, and the hunter, along with cool weapons like the sniper rifle, and the halo 1 pistol... i also have 10 vehicle models, and if iris makes it far enuff to use vehicles i have most of them.... heres a link to the pic of the ppl.................... http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/max_hempfling/?action=view&current=HaloSprites.jpg

cha0ticbliss
April 5th, 2007, 00:54
great job. It would be nice to see someone pick up IRIS.

BrooksyX
April 5th, 2007, 00:57
Looks good. Will these work with quake 3 also?

TeenDev
April 5th, 2007, 01:23
perhaps I should use these in HaloRPG....

PSPdemon
April 5th, 2007, 01:56
i hope you wont get a C&D order like i did...

if i had one recommendation to you, dont use ripped models, thats the easiest way to getting a C&D order

as for your question to me, you can generate a .qc file esaily, i recommend you to use Milkshape as it can generate a .qc file for you

forgot to say, i did stress iris with me finishing halo mod, i had the model with gun, full textures, and the map Geophobia ( i hope i spelt that right ) all in iris and running, though it ran super slow ( i saw a ussualy .2 FPS and a max of 2 FPS ) so making a full mod will be hard...

BSP's are only meant for indoor only, which halo is based on outdoor maps ( most of them ) so youll have a hard time for sure with the mapping part

Though i do wish you good luck

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

quzar
April 5th, 2007, 02:22
if i had one recommendation to you, dont use ripped models, thats the easiest way to getting a C&D order

No, that's how you get discussion of it barred from this site, as it would be purely illegal.

ShoShoKid
April 5th, 2007, 03:19
Impressive looking stuff!

max_hempfling
April 8th, 2007, 01:48
this will be like the 7th time i post this pic but im just tryin to show how close i am....
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m204/max_hempfling/Elitescreenshot.jpg

the only problem i have now, is to make the skin that u clearly see, not so screwed up in iris.. ill post the elite as soon as i figure out how to attach files....

max_hempfling
April 8th, 2007, 02:09
heres an answer to all of the questions above... to be honest i thot no1 would come to this thread XD
these models will hopefully work with any file type milkshape 3d can export...

and just to let everybody know, these are NOT the models from halo 1.. some guy made it in 3dsmax and it took me a damn long time to convert them cause 3dsmax dont work on windows vista

i havent gotten around to skinning the plasma rifle he is holding.......... sum1 tell me how to attach files to these messages. i want to attach them in a .zip

i will be happy to give anything i have to any1 who wants it. email me at [email protected]

PSPdemon
April 8th, 2007, 02:29
do you mind to tell us who the author is?

Just curious because the fact that they look like rips, and we dont want Microsoft people looking at that and doing a repeat of what they did to me.... taht would not be cool

As for your problem, there is somthing wrong with iris, this little thing is a "missing colors" bug ( if im not badly mistaken) causing textures to not appear right...what it also can be is positioning or that your texture is to big to fit the iris format

PS. that MC model everyone uses, thats mine :) .... maybe i should add the AR onto it correctly XD

max_hempfling
April 8th, 2007, 03:01
it is urs??? i thot that was the master chief model from counter strike... oops!! it turns out those are the models from halo :P for a sec there i thot that guy was just good at modeling

i think i know what ur talkin about when u say missing colors bugs... quake has a certain palette of colors that are the only usable colors for the game

i hopefully wont get busted until i get the game out there.... i think the reason u had the problem was begause it was so popular... ima try to keep this only on this site ;)

max_hempfling
April 8th, 2007, 03:14
is there anyway i can gice sum1 an md2 and have them make it shoot from a gun?? i can give sum1 a plasma rifle shot, a hunter shot, and a plasma pistol shot.... also can u make it so we can walk up and down... i cant go on higher ground or anything :( and the last hing i want to have is to be able to look around with the joistick, to walk with the triangle square x and circle keys, nad to shoot with the right trigger

Cap'n 1time
April 8th, 2007, 05:23
I am afraid that we dont accept mods with actual ripped models, especially not from very modern games. I'm sorry, but you cant host your project here or discuss it in our forums so long as it uses illegally ripped material.