PDA

View Full Version : PSP Firmware 1.51 Update

wraggster
May 12th, 2005, 16:42
News from <a href="http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3631&lsaid=219793" target="_blank" >Lik Sang</a>

<BLOCKQUOTE>A lot of stuff in regards to PSP today. First of, as reported by many of our customers in the Lik Sang Boards, there has been a firmware update (v1.51) for the PSP Japanese System, released by Sony less than 24 hours after having been announced by the Japanese giant.

The easiest method is to simply use the Network Update function in your PSP menu. When you run the update via the PSP, it will first download the file to the Memory Stick (which requires 14MB free on the memory stick). After downloading it will present two options, update now or update later. If you select update later, you can run it from the "Memory Stick" option under the game menu.

Once downloaded, simply create an UPDATE folder in your GAME folder on the Memory Stick, copy the update file into it, and run the program.

Please note that the update will not run if you have less than 50% remaining battery life and it is recommended to connect a power supply while running the update. All together it takes just a couple of minutes.

IMPORTANT: Follow the on screen instructions and do NOT disconnect the power or turn the PSP off. This will destroy (!! ) your PSP and Sony did not announce any way to recover a broken system yet. Normally you'd have to bring back your unit to their service center in Japan. Import Gamers be aware, update on your own risk!

The update is meant to fix a "security" flaw, according to GameSpot, who also reported about the strange coincidence with UMD media being hacked. </BLOCKQUOTE>

leggy
May 12th, 2005, 17:38
Why on earth would I want to upgrade from my Jap 1.0 to 1.51??????

psplover
May 12th, 2005, 20:05
I dont get the point in updates that offer no features.

I'd gladly update for a couple of features.
Ogg, wma, mod and midi playback.
Better picture support(strech to fullscreen, PNG, BMP, Tiff, Gif and Jpg)
Java machine < for real java apps not just Java script >
Text viewer (.txt and word files)
Webbrowsers with flash, shockwave and advance scripting and blocking adds.
File Transfer program(Transfer saves games, pictures, music and movies to other people by wifi)
Text messeging via wifi.

TheGameMen
May 12th, 2005, 20:12
I only want the focking firmware 1.0 so release that for download sony !

Game

aseddon130
May 12th, 2005, 20:25
u really think after the new homebrew stuff that sony would release the 1.0 now ??? ha!

psplover
May 12th, 2005, 20:44
Why would they release outdated firm even without the HB?